It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2004, 08:45 AM   #1

honey_girl HB User
how can i get my period to start??????

hi, im just wondering how i can get my period to start in the next few days. It is due anytime now and i just want to make sure that it isnt late as i have a school trip next week and i want to try and not start then. Im due tomorrow till about Tuesday and am often late. is there anyway i can get my period to deffinatly come?

Last edited by honey_girl; 12-03-2004 at 08:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2004, 08:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User
Re: how can i get my period to start??????

Nope, you can't unless you are on birth control pills. If you're not on the pill then you just have to let nature take it's course.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2004, 08:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rms11 HB User

I agree, you can't make your period come when you want or when you don't want unless you are on the bcp. Take care

Old 12-06-2004, 01:42 PM   #4
(female)

whitehorse HB User

There is a pressure point on the inside of your ankle that some people say can help make your period start. It is also used for inducing labor. It is about four finger widths from your inner ankle bone and is a tender spot. Apply moderate pressure for several seconds, rest and do it again. Let us know if it works for you.

Old 12-10-2004, 09:20 PM   #5
(female)

balivion HB User

UMMM.. never wanted it to START so i cant answer that question. Any ideas on how to keep it from startin.

Old 12-16-2004, 02:05 PM   #6

uchimama HB User

How strange!!! I was sitting here reading through the boards and came upon this post about trying to get one's period to start. I read the post from WHITEHORSE about the pressure point on the leg, tried it, and 10 minutes later my period started!!! AMAZING!!! I always get small cramps a few hours before I start so I usually know when it's coming but not this time. Coincidence? Maybe.

Old 12-19-2004, 09:29 AM   #7
(female)

bbd189 HB User

I've noticed if you think about it a ton... it comes. It really sucks because most of the time I'm thinking about it in the way that "I hope it doesn't come" but that's thinking about it... so there it is... Maybe if you hang out with a lot of people who are on it too, there's something to be said for the "friends clock" like... everyone gets it at the same time.

Old 12-19-2004, 08:00 PM   #8
(female)

shawnna HB User

I just tried the pressure point thing, and it totally worked for me. It's strange too , since I ALWAYS start in the morning, but it's 8 at night! lol

Old 12-19-2004, 10:31 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mecpcpj HB User

I wish we could just pick and choose when we wanted it to come and go! Wouldn't that be convenient... but we can't. You just gotta wait it out and what happens happens.

Old 12-20-2004, 04:17 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

sonic HB User

I was wondering that myself...Im late & with my luck I'll probably get it x-mas eve! Thanks santa~
I read that taking ginger can speed things up..i did try it in the past & it worked. but maybe i just got lucky?..
Good luck~

Old 12-22-2004, 09:36 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

sonic HB User

OK,,,after posting , I tried the pressure point thing, & sure enough 90 minutes later aunt flo came to town!~~

Maybe a coincidense? dont know, dont care...lol Thanks for the tips~~

Closed Thread