It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2004, 08:50 PM   #1

SlateFox HB User
question...

what is spotting? my girlfriend thought she had her period but when she took it out there was no blood. earlier she thought she was on it because she wiped and there were spots of blood. so what does that mean? bad?

Old 12-09-2004, 04:15 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Boo Boo HB User
Re: question...

Well first things first is she pregnant? has she missed her period if so by how many weeks, has she been to the doctors if not then perhapes she ought to go or do a home pregnancy test.

Spotting can occur in pregnancy. Take me as an example and you may have seen in earlier threads, l was at the time 5 weeks pregnant, l noticed some brown spotting which is what l expect to happen just befor a period. Then when l wiped my self l saw some light pink white. I panicked and called Doctor who l saw and freaked me out anout miscarriages etc. However, l am fine no spotting after that! if its blood and your girlfriend is prenant you need to go to see your doctor asap. Hope everything is well. Let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2004, 07:28 AM   #3
(female)

Colleen04 HB User

It might be a sign of pregancy, but there is more of a chance that it is not. I spot every month. Before I start my period and after as well. I have really bad periods that last for 9 days, this is why. Spotting is normal. It's when all of the blood is trying to get out or it's a sign of when you are about to start. I wouldn't worry about it. Good luck

Old 12-09-2004, 08:54 AM   #4
(female)

GeorgiaGrown HB User

It depends on what is normal for her.

I never spot before my period, so spotting would be a red flag for me. If it is *not* normal for her, have her take a pregnancy test as soon as possible, because, as Boo Boo said, it can be a sign of pregnancy. It can also be a symptom of other things, so the earlier you eliminate one possibility, the quicker you can move onto others.

Old 12-09-2004, 09:12 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

bordrgrl HB User

Spotting can happen during ovulation. Its thought to be caused by a sudden drop of estrogen. If she is having a clear stretchy discharge too that'd be a pretty good indication it is ovulation. And like the others said it could be implantation bleeding. Or it could be a sign of gyn problems.

Closed Thread