It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2004, 08:49 PM   #1
(female)

vickid HB User
vaginal stricture

Has anyone ever heard of, or been treated for vaginal stricture? I have a 17 yr. old daughter, that was recently diagnosed with this and we are in the process of looking for a regular gyno. As of now, I have no idea on what sort of treatment this may take. Can anyone help me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2004, 07:52 PM   #2

Zerberbaby HB User
Re: vaginal stricture

If it is what I am thinking of, she has not gotten her period yet...or really she has, but she has no flow, or cannot insert a tampon?

Is this what you are talking about?

If so, I do know the remedy is surgical, but I believe it is a very simple procedure depending on the severity of the stricture.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2004, 05:06 AM   #3
(female)

vickid HB User

Thank you so much for answering, yes, she does get her period, but cannot insert a tampon. The practioner she went to, advised us to find a gynecologist, which I am trying to find one now. But, in the meantime, just wondering what it entails. I can't seem to find any information on this. Thanks so much for any info.

Old 12-18-2004, 07:47 PM   #4

Zerberbaby HB User

You didn't say where you live, but I am sure if you post a query for referrals that you can get some kind of information on various ob/gyns.

Vaginal stricture is kind of a generic term...like cancer. There are a multitude of types and severities and the treatment for each type will vary. Once you see the gyn, he/she can do the tests to determine the exact cause and then give you the exact clinical name and I am sure the web will provide you with tons of info.

Good Luck!

Old 12-25-2004, 09:50 PM   #5
(female)

Asperger family HB User

I think my best friends little sister had this before. She had to have surgery too.

Closed Thread