It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2005, 08:27 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

comeonnow HB User
What works best for vaginal odor?

I was recently to my doctor and mentioned this to him. He didn't have any answer other than to tell me to talk to a female pharmacist who could probably recommend some product. I talked to one and all that she told me was to use Vagisil powder. I had tried that previously and it didn't make a difference. Oh, also, my doctor did tell me to make sure that I wash with an anti-bacterial soap, which should help get rid of the bacteria that cause the odor. I know that I perspire a lot down there and was wondering if a woman can use deodorant in her genital area just like she uses under her arms? I thought that if sweat is the thing that causes the odors, then why not try to stop the sweat? I don't see the harm in that as long as it isn't put directly on the labia but more towards the outside of the pubic area.
I was also searching online and found a product called Crancitrin and was wondering if that would help. I've ordered some hoping that it will work for me. I've heard people talk of a product called Body Mint, but I didn't order any of that. I don't know which would be better, or maybe they are both equally effective. I also found another product online, but at $75 for a one-month supply, I don't think so!
The odor problem is mainly what I'd like to get rid of, but it would also be nice to feel dry down there for a change. I don't really perspire a lot here at the house, but if we do a fair amount of walking like go to the mall, I know that I can't wait to get home to change into dry underwear because I can't stand feeling all that wetness down there. I sure hope that there's a solution.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2005, 09:11 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

beanie_1122 HB User
Re: What works best for vaginal odor?

Have you tried the vagisil wipes and bath wash? The wipes are always a refreshment regardless and the bath stuff works pretty good too.

Old 01-07-2005, 09:41 PM   #3
Inactive

desired1 HB User

Also try fds feminine spray it works good eliminating odors and it also keeps you dry as well and it comes in different scents also...

Old 01-07-2005, 11:11 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

comeonnow HB User

Thanks, Beanie and Desired. Sorry to say, I already tried them. I think I've tried everything on the store shelves as far as spray, powders, wipes, etc. Now I'm turning to the internet. I had never mentioned this problem to my doctor before because well, it's just downright embarrassing, but I've just gotten to the point of either be quiet about it and not get help or try to find an answer even if it is embarrassing to talk about it. I keep thinking that surely other women must have this problem, but of course, if they've been thinking like I have been, they would probably never mention it to anyone. So maybe they're going most of their lives just putting up with it and not trying to find a solution. I just hope that these Crancitrin capsules work well for me. If not, then I'll try the Body Mints, I guess. If neither of those work, then I don't know what! Thanks again.

Old 01-08-2005, 06:56 AM   #5
(female)

Colleen04 HB User

comeonnow....you didn't end up having BV? I'm assuming not since you said you went to the doctor and you didn't mention anything of it?

Old 01-08-2005, 12:34 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonnow
I was recently to my doctor and mentioned this to him. He didn't have any answer other than to tell me to talk to a female pharmacist who could probably recommend some product. I talked to one and all that she told me was to use Vagisil powder. I had tried that previously and it didn't make a difference. Oh, also, my doctor did tell me to make sure that I wash with an anti-bacterial soap, which should help get rid of the bacteria that cause the odor. I know that I perspire a lot down there and was wondering if a woman can use deodorant in her genital area just like she uses under her arms? I thought that if sweat is the thing that causes the odors, then why not try to stop the sweat? I don't see the harm in that as long as it isn't put directly on the labia but more towards the outside of the pubic area.
I was also searching online and found a product called Crancitrin and was wondering if that would help. I've ordered some hoping that it will work for me. I've heard people talk of a product called Body Mint, but I didn't order any of that. I don't know which would be better, or maybe they are both equally effective. I also found another product online, but at $75 for a one-month supply, I don't think so!
The odor problem is mainly what I'd like to get rid of, but it would also be nice to feel dry down there for a change. I don't really perspire a lot here at the house, but if we do a fair amount of walking like go to the mall, I know that I can't wait to get home to change into dry underwear because I can't stand feeling all that wetness down there. I sure hope that there's a solution.
Do you eat a lot of junk food? I used to have that problem as a teen and I was highly concerned. I used to eat a lot of junk and fried foods and now I don't and I don't have that problem anymore. I would drink more water, and eat more fruits and veggies cause I swear that helped me. I used to be concerned about the same thing, unfortunately at that time, I didn't have the help like this. It was very personal to me, but on this board, you don't ever have to see these people, isn't it great? LOL

Old 01-08-2005, 02:50 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

comeonnow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen04
comeonnow....you didn't end up having BV? I'm assuming not since you said you went to the doctor and you didn't mention anything of it?
Nope, I didn't/don't have BV, even though that's what I was thinking that it was that I had.

Old 01-08-2005, 02:53 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

comeonnow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicca
Do you eat a lot of junk food? I used to have that problem as a teen and I was highly concerned. I used to eat a lot of junk and fried foods and now I don't and I don't have that problem anymore. I would drink more water, and eat more fruits and veggies cause I swear that helped me. I used to be concerned about the same thing, unfortunately at that time, I didn't have the help like this. It was very personal to me, but on this board, you don't ever have to see these people, isn't it great? LOL
I don't really eat a lot of junk food, unless you call one soda a day a lot of junk food. I eat fruits and vegetables but not a lot of them. I drink loads of water, always have. I think I was always a thirsty kind of a person, but I don't have diabetes; I was already checked for that. It does run in the family, but so far my sugar count as been very normal. Yes, I agree, it is great to be able to come here and "talk" to people who don't know you.

Old 01-08-2005, 09:40 PM   #9
Inactive

mlgable HB User

Vaginal deodorants etc should not be used as they can cause more problems. Did the doc check you to be sure you don't have a vaginal infection of some type causing your odor. Also I would not use the anitbacterial soap as this is way to harsh to be used in the perineal area. You need to wash and dry the area well and be sure wear only 100% cotton underwear. You can use a moist wipe such as a baby wipe to freshen up in between time. The less powders/deodorants and other things you use in that area the fresher and healthier your perineal area will be.

Closed Thread