It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2005, 03:54 PM   #1
(female)

Fiesty HB User
what size am I?

I know this must seem like a rather odd question but after havign undergonw serious bra shopping I am so fustrated. I have always been a b34 or a b36. I was pregnant till a few months ago and my breast size has gotten smaller. I tried on the b34's and they are too small, so I tried on the b36 but it was too big. i tried c34 too big, and c36 way toooo big! The only size I could get to fit was a c32, but I don't have big boobs so I don't see how i could be a c32.. Anyone else have this problem? Any advice would be great!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2005, 04:20 PM   #2
(female)

Goya123 HB User
Re: what size am I?

Have you tried getting sized? Whenever I walk into a Victoria's Secret, I'm accosted by several employees flailing their tape measures.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2005, 05:04 PM   #3
(female)

Fiesty HB User

No I have not actually. I could try that.. lol I just it seems a little odd to have a complete strsnger measuring my boob size.. lol but hey if that means I cna figure out what I am than why not!

Old 01-09-2005, 05:12 PM   #4
Veteran

bullun HB User

I would recommend getting sized to be your most effective method.
I believe its PLaytex too who has come out with half-sizes in a bra now. I haven't looked for it myself, but they have bras that are B 1/2 sizes or C 1/2. Good luck!

Old 01-09-2005, 05:32 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rms11 HB User

Getting sized is your best option.

Old 01-09-2005, 05:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User

Different brands have different ideas of what size is what, too. You might try some different brands. I just went shopping for a new bra last week. I checked the tag of the one I was wearing that fits perfectly (and of course that model has now been discontinued...), and grabbed maybe 15 different brands and styles all in that same exact size. Some were too big, others were too small, and only two fit well. Sometimes I really hate my breasts!

Old 01-09-2005, 06:37 PM   #7
Inactive

mlgable HB User

You do need to get sized by a professional in an undergarment store. Check you yellow pages and you should be able to find a professional fitter listed usual in the stores that strickly sell lingerie and brassieres. Without a professional fitter checking your size you are most likely not buying the right size/ type of bra for your body size.

Old 01-09-2005, 07:22 PM   #8
(female)

Bellajoi HB User

You can figure out your size out at home if you have a measuring tape (not the metal kind that men use, but the long white ones that are used when doing clothes making). Simply measure under your breasts.. at your breast bone... this is your number in the size of your bra. Then measure around your breasts. Subtract the first number from the second. This is your cup size. Each inch is a cup size. For example:
Under your breasts/ breast bone = 32 - this is your number size in the bra
Breast measurement = 36 ... 36-32 equals 4 inches.. therefor you'd be a D.. this is your letter size.
If done correctly you'd be a 32D

I hope this helped.

Old 01-11-2005, 02:10 AM   #9
Veteran

jeepbabe HB User

There is only one other thing I would like to say. Maybe you really do have a C cup and they just don't look it. I mean my cup size is DD and they don't look it at all. I was very shocked but it is true. I mean maybe you just don't see yourself that way. Ask yourself, does the cup fit right and does the band fit right. The cup and band should be flesh to your skin to the best of your ability. I mean there are in between moments I had myself measured once and it didn't do any good. They were wrong. So I just go by how the bra fits. That works best for me.

Sunnie

Old 01-11-2005, 11:51 AM   #10
(female)

Fiesty HB User

Well I did and my breast bone was 32, breast 36 so im a c32, but lol i don't look it. maybe it is because i still have my bigger belly so it is not as noticable, but it doesn't look like a c.. you measure higher up on your back,, right across your breast right.. meaning the tape should be in the same spot all around your back?

Old 01-12-2005, 03:13 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

If you're doing under your breast, you should add 5 inches to get the total circumference. Make sure the measurement isn't over clothes, etc.

If you wore a 34 or a 36 before...how could you even put a 32 around you?

Are you checking for the cup or the circumference?

Do a check as well over the breasts, under the arms, that might be a better measurement.

Be professionally measured for sure....but, as well, maybe the brands you tried aren't good for your shape?

Triumph bras are a good fit, they come in sizes A - C. Playtex, Wonderbra, Warner, etc...all fit differently.

If you measure 32 under your breast...you are not a 32, that I would say for sure.

You could take the tape where you measure under the breasts, keeping the back where it is and slip the tape up above your breasts (not calculating by adding anything). You'd more likely be that size than the 32.

Then measure around your breasts at the fullest part....do the subtractions for the cupsize.

And, of course....the measurements are just a guideline because brands fit differently.

If your breasts are farther apart, Triumph or Playtex are good brands....if your breasts are closer together, wonderbra is a good choice.

Trial and error and frustration. Seems there's no standards, only guidelines.

But, in my opinion from what you state, you're definitely not a 32.

quincy

Closed Thread