It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2005, 06:05 PM   #1
(female)

KissandTell HB User
Vaginal Infections

So I've been experiencing some unpleasant vaginal symptoms. I've been moderately iitchy to extremly itchy, vaginally and on my vulva. I've experienced burning and painful sex as well. However, there has been no unusual discharge or odor. About 2 months ago I was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis. I took metrogel vaginally for it. I felt like it did nothing but make my symptoms worse!!! I'm feel depressed and irritated =(

I went back to the doctor's and basically she brushed me off. She said this is very common (I already knew that) and prescribed antibiotics. The problem with the antibiotics is for one, I'll most likely get a yeast infections 9antibiotics ALWAYS do that to me) and two, I've heard numerous stories about the antibiotics not completely knocking BV out.

I don't want to take any more "tradition" medication (antibiotics) for this. I've heard about all different home remedies like garlic, vitamin e, tea tree oil, yogurt, hydrogen peroxide, zinc, vitamin c, lactobacillus acidophilius, golden seal and I'm so confused!! I don't know where to begin! I was wondering if anyone has had an negative or positive experiences with any of these or other home remedies. I would appreciate any thoughts/comments or feedback. Also, if anyone has any home remedy recommendations for me specifics would be appreciated (for example, please don't just say take lactobacillus, instead say something like take Lactobacillus vaginally for 5 days and so on). Thank you!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2005, 02:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
Re: Vaginal Infections

She should have done a culture. I had bacterial vaginosis once and my symptoms were a grayish/white discharge and a horrible fishy smell that wouldn't go away no matter what! I used the metro gel which solved the problem. A couple months ago I had the SAME EXACT problem you are having now. Itchiness but no discharge. I used monistat and it went away. So maybe you have a yeast infection? Try monistat.

Closed Thread