It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2003, 09:55 AM   #1

Mellow22 HB User
Post Need advice bout lump in groin & pelvis

Hi everyone,
I need help to discern what I may have. I have a mushy lump in my groin on the left side,on top of the pubic pad. It seems to swell and become firm
but rubbery just before & during memses. It also feels tender and sensitive during that time. Could this be a fibroid?
Also I have a hard lump on the left side that may be
on the ovary (I'm not quit certain exactly where the ovaries are located in the pelvis). Are cysts hard to
the touch? I have had very heavy, profuse bleeding
along with this and awful cramps. I am 42. Does
anyone know what ovarian cancer tumors feel like?
I hope that isn't what this is. I have not gone to a Doctor yet. Any help would be appreciated.
Barb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2003, 02:55 PM   #2

Janet in Texas HB User
Hey Mellow,

It could be a lymph node.

One time when I was taking a relaxing bath I moved a certain way and I caught what I thought was a glimpse of a small lump. I felt it and indeed there seemed to be something there (I am really thin in my stomach and pelvic area). I continue with my bath and saw it again when I moved a certain way. It was next to my pelvic bone.

So, I went in soon after to the gyno. He first did a visual exam and said he couldn't feel anything. Then he did the thing where they put that wand inside of you and he looked at me and said "There is nooo wayyyy you could have seen this!" Sure enough I had about a 5 cm growth on my uterus right where I told him I saw the lump!

Mine was a harmless lump and has not grown in several years. He checks it out each year at my well woman exam.

But, as always, we are all different and you should definately go see a doctor to be on the safe side.
5'5" F

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread