It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2005, 03:25 PM   #1
(male)

FearUntilClear HB User
Exclamation Vroom goes the, Menstrual Cycle! *CRASH*

Explain the Mentrual Cycle and how to read those darned Mentration Ovulation charts? I don't understand the waves of the uterine lining and the day thing and what exactly it's telling me. Maybe explain the Menstrual Cycle in order of what happens in Day# - Day#, and what else is going on in the body? I'm pretty-much freakin CLUELESS about it all, so sorry if I'm not asking a specific enough question. I'm just trying to understand this out of curiosity and my INFATUATION with knowledge and the human body. Would I be able to tell when someone's next Menstrual Cycle will begin and when the best time to get PREGNANT would be? This would be alot of help, and mad props would go out to someone who can help me understand.

Last edited by FearUntilClear; 02-25-2005 at 03:26 PM.

Old 02-25-2005, 03:29 PM   #2
(male)

FearUntilClear HB User
Unhappy Re: Vroom goes the, Menstrual Cycle! *CRASH*

How rude of me! *Insert Please Before Explain*

Yay! 50 Posts! I are a member, after all this time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2005, 10:00 AM   #3
(female)

Tygrysek HB User
Re: Vroom goes the, Menstrual Cycle! *CRASH*

I wish I could help but I really don't know much about it either. What I do know however, is that you are LESS likely to get preagnent right before and right after your period. At least thats what I've heard...sorry. Try tying "menstural cycle" into yahoo search engine and maybe you'll get some results? Good Luck.

Old 02-26-2005, 10:55 PM   #4

Sonicboom HB User

It doesn't much matter what your uterian lining is doing on every single day, except one a few key days -- like when it's sloughing off the unnecessary parts, which is what happens during your period -- it all laid in wait prepared to catch a fertilized egg, but when none came, it cleans itself and starts over. The day you start your period is Day1. Some women ovulate around day14, but not everyone. That's why people take their basal body temp -- when your temp goes up, it's a sign that you've ovulated. Your unfertilized egg will live for 24 hours, but if you wait to have sex until you've ovulated, your chances to get pregnant are slim to none. Sperm lives in the best body conditions for only up to 5 days, so the best time to try for a pregnancy is to have sex on the days leading up to your ovulation. Besides your temps, another way to gauge when you'll ovulate is to check your cervical mucus -- your body prepares to create a sperm friendly environment by changing the ph and quality of the mucus. In a nutshell, mucus that looks like stretchy egg white is the most sperm friendly, and thus your most fertile time.

If that doesn't help clear things up for you, buy Taking Charge of Your Fertility and check out the TTC boards here.

HTH

Old 02-27-2005, 02:14 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

bordrgrl HB User

I agree, read Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Yes, you can predict a period by charting your BBT. Most women get their period 14 days after ovulation. Anything from 10-14 days is considered normal and however long it takes your body it most likely won't change from month to month (unlike the pre-ovulation phase which can absolutely vary from month to month).

Old 04-12-2005, 03:14 PM   #6
(male)

FearUntilClear HB User

Ok... uhmmm... thanks I suppose. I wasn't really asking much about pregnency. Just the whole actuall process of everything.. but I guess thanks anyways. Lol..

Old 04-12-2005, 07:08 PM   #7
(female)

chocolate35 HB User

The lovely mensruation cycle....just got done studying that, I will do what I can to explain it...have any questions just post them.

Day one is the first day of your period. The next five days are known as the menses period. During this time four hormones are working in your body: follicle stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, estrogen, and progesterone. During menses all four of these hormones are fairly low. Day 5 through 14 is known as proliferation where the uterine lining builds up. During this time estrogen builds up along with lutenizing and folicle stimulating hormone. The follicle stimulating hormone causes the developing oocyte (which develops into an egg) to continue to develop to reach the point of ovulation around day 12 to 14. During ovulation follicle stimulating dramatically spikes due to the drastic increase in estrogen as does folicle stimulating hormone. Day 15 to 28 is known as the Secretary phase. This is where the uterine lining continues to build. All of the hormones drop back down low except for progesterone which drastically increases during this stage. Progesterone is a natural antidepressant so it gives you that feel good feeling. It then crashes which can cause that depressive state right before and during your period.

Hope that answers a few questions for you. It is a very confusing process

Like I said any questions about what I wrote, which is probably very confusing, just post them!

Chrys
PS I think it is cool that you have an infatuation as to how the body works....I do too!

Closed Thread