It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2005, 05:40 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

kelly0223 HB User
Exclamation I don't have a period anymore!

Hi-I am 19 years old and started my period when I was 14 and got on bc pills at age 15 and stopped taking them when I was 17. I haven't had a period since. I have been to a doctor and gynocologist. They say nothing is wrong with me and they always put want to put me on bc pills but I don't want to be on them. I want to have a baby one day and If I'm on the pill I can't get pregnant. I am pretty sure I'm ovulating but it's kind of hard to tell when I'm ovulating because I don't have a period. I bought an ovulation thermometer. I have only used it twice so I can't really tell yet when I ovulate. But can anyone tell me why maybe I wouldn't be having a period? I am a little over weight which I've heard that can cause my problem. I am exercising and changing the way I eat but does this sound familiar to anyone at all? Please give me any advice at all. I am taking estrogen also because I've heard that it can straighten out hormones. Is that true?

Old 02-28-2005, 07:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User
Re: I don't have a period anymore!

if your doctor nor your GYN has run tests to make sure things are "normal"..you NEED to find someone that will. There can be health reasons as to why you arent having a period...or there may not be anything wrong. I would not be satisfied with getting an answer of "thats ok its normal"..if no tests have been run. do a search on absence of menstruation and read up on it....several sites...not just one or two. that way you can learn health reasons that might be the problem...and tests that need to be run to make sure that there are no problems. once all tests have been done..and all shows normal....then you can rely on "thats ok, its normal"...but I would not dismiss it without all tests being done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2005, 11:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

You should not be taking hormones without knowing your hormone levels.

Get tested for Male & Female hormones.

Yes females have male hormones.

Sometimes they get out of balance. Get tested, either by a doctor blood test or saliva on-line hormone test kit

Good luck

Old 03-01-2005, 04:46 PM   #4
Inactive

MarifromPR HB User

Yes, you should not be taking that estrogen. I agree you need to get your hormones tested. Not having a period is not normal. There is a reason for your problem and you should find out. Check out with a endocrinologist.

Old 03-02-2005, 07:29 AM   #5

liza HB User

If you are not getting your period, then there is no way you can ovulate. You need to go to a different doctor.

Last edited by liza; 03-02-2005 at 07:31 AM.

Old 03-02-2005, 07:43 AM   #6

Summer Girl HB User

Very good advice on this thread.

I was going to say what Liza said but she beat me to it.

When you have a period, that means you have cycles. During a cycle, you should ovulate. Because you don't have your period, you don't have a cycle, and you can't ovulate. Ideally, when someone has periods, as long as there are no fertility problems, you should be able to get pregnant at some point. If you never have your period, that is one sure sign you would not be able to get pregnant and it is one sure sign that you are not ovulating since you don't have a cycle.

Please follow the advice these other ladies have said.

good luck!

Closed Thread