It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
(female)

clhaha HB User
Exclamation Reoccurring yeast infections are driving me CRAZY!

I'm 26 years old and for the last 3 years have had a yeast infection practically every month. I'm married and was on birth control for about ten years. I tried switching my birth control along with all of the other things listed below to try to rid myself of these awful infections. Usually it was before my period, but on several occassions it was afterwards. The infections that started prior to my period for the most part all disappeared after my cycle was done. I usually treat the infections with over the counter medications. I've been to three GYN's to try to find a way to keep the infections from coming back every month. I've tried to:
*use detergents without perfumes or dyes
*eat yogurt everyday
*exercise
*using mild soaps
*make sure to always wipe front to back when urinating
*take acidophilus supplements
*not eat lots of starches or sugar
I wish I never had to deal with another infection...I think I've had my fair share; however, each GYN I spoke to (after telling them that I've tried everything I know of), tell me that some women just have reoccurring yeast infections. I find that really hard to believe...but so far, I haven't found a cure. Has anyone heard of anything to help????

Old 03-15-2005, 02:25 AM   #2
(female)

spongebobgamma HB Userspongebobgamma HB User
Re: Reoccurring yeast infections are driving me CRAZY!

Few years ago I used to have constant yeast infections. The Dr was no help and the meds he gave me were useless..So I looked it up in my natural health book...I used a vagina applicater to insert plain yogurt with live cultures in my vagina for a week. I also started taking vit b complex. I have not had any problems since.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2005, 09:02 AM   #3
(female)

julie39180 HB User
Talking Re: Reoccurring yeast infections are driving me CRAZY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clhaha
I'm 26 years old and for the last 3 years have had a yeast infection practically every month. I'm married and was on birth control for about ten years. I tried switching my birth control along with all of the other things listed below to try to rid myself of these awful infections. Usually it was before my period, but on several occassions it was afterwards. The infections that started prior to my period for the most part all disappeared after my cycle was done. I usually treat the infections with over the counter medications. I've been to three GYN's to try to find a way to keep the infections from coming back every month. I've tried to:
*use detergents without perfumes or dyes
*eat yogurt everyday
*exercise
*using mild soaps
*make sure to always wipe front to back when urinating
*take acidophilus supplements
*not eat lots of starches or sugar
I wish I never had to deal with another infection...I think I've had my fair share; however, each GYN I spoke to (after telling them that I've tried everything I know of), tell me that some women just have reoccurring yeast infections. I find that really hard to believe...but so far, I haven't found a cure. Has anyone heard of anything to help????
hi there,
are u still on birth control pills? let me tell u , i had the same problem every month, and guess what! it was from the birth control pills! they gave me yeast infections every month, so i finally got off the pill and got my tubes tied and guess what! no more infections for me! whooo. not unless i have taken to many antibotics then i do sometimes get one but atleast not every month..... so u should maybe consider that. hope it helps...

Old 03-15-2005, 10:02 AM   #4

ana_27 HB User

Have you tried taking oral medication? That worked really well for me. I cannot remember the name of the pill but it cleared my infections for good with two doses, one a week. Your doctor will know. Over the counter stuff didn't do anything for me.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:07 AM   #5
(female)

clhaha HB User
Lightbulb Re: Reoccurring yeast infections are driving me CRAZY!

I'm no longer on birth control, and I still get yeast infections...they don't seem to be as bad or last as long...but they still come back. I saw somewhere on the internet that a lady that kept having yeast infections went out and purchased all new underwear during a period of time when she was "yeast free" and she said she hasn't had any more problems. She said that because just washing your underwear won't completely illiminate all bacteria...Anyone hear of this???

Old 03-16-2005, 08:57 PM   #6
(female)

nailchick2000 HB User

Did you know that you can transmit yeast infections to your lover? He may be carrying the yeast and everytime that you get rid of it, he gives it back to you. Men do not have the same symptoms as women, he may not feel anything is wrong. I have several friends that this has happened to. Make sure that he gets treated at the same time that you do.. that should clear up the problem for good. Good Luck!!

Old 03-17-2005, 05:55 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

malibu82 HB User

I agree with the above post, if you ever have thrush your partner has to be treated too or else you will continually pass it back and forth to each other. The canestan cream you buy over the counter is suitable for men.

Old 03-21-2005, 12:42 PM   #8

Naturalone HB User
Smile Re: Reoccurring yeast infections are driving me CRAZY!

I concur with the last two postings. Men can carry the yeast as well and he may be reinfecting you. Sperm is naturally more basic and it will cause the vagina to become less acidic when released. This basic environment is a haven for yeast to grow. You can use some natural remedies to help cure the yeast and to keep your vagina acidic like it is suppose to be. The quickest way to rid your vagina of yeast infections, if caught early is to douche twice daily with 1 to 2 cups of apple cider vinegar diluted in 1 quart of water. You can also insert probiotic gelatin capsules into the vagina to do the same thing. Both of these methods are more natural for your body instead of putting in some of the over the counter products.
See if this helps. If you are having sex frequently then you will want to be sure to douche with the apple cider vinegar receipe every few days.
Stay healthy naturally!

Closed Thread