It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2005, 12:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
Arrow EXTREMELY sore breast...

Hello all,
For the past couple of weeks, both of my breasts have been quite tender, and sore. I haven't been able to sleep on my stomach, and going without a bra sometimes hurts. But for the past few days, it has been my left breast that is extremely painful. The right one still hurts too, but nothing compared to the left! Now, I know that sore breasts can be a sign of pregnancy, but I am on the pill, and take it regularily, so I doubt that I'm pregnant. It could be a side affect of the pill, I suppose (although I've been on this pill for months now, and never experienced this before--my breasts usually get tender right before and during my period, but this is a whole new level!). Does anybody else have any suggestions as to what may be going on, here? Also, why would one be so much more sore than the other??? Thanks for taking the time to read this, any replies will be very much appreciated!

Whiskers

Old 04-11-2005, 12:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Rms11 HB User
Re: EXTREMELY sore breast...

Could be a gland problem, your glands could be swollen. I would def go to a doctor asap to find out whats going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2005, 02:01 PM   #3
(female)

little_miss HB User

Hi whiskers,

I had exactly the same problem a couple of months ago, my doc done a breast exam but found nothing, she gave me some antibiotics anyway and also arranged for an appointment at the breast clinic but by the time i got there the antibiotics had done the trick. I was also told by the doc not to drink to many caffiene drinks as this can contribute to this sort of pain and to take 1300mg of evening primrose oil everyday, unfortunately the soreness is back again but im gonna hang on for a while more and keep trying the evening primrose oil.

Good luck hope this helps.

Old 04-25-2005, 07:11 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

nadyjo HB User

Evening Primrose Oil 500mg or more taken 2x daily will stop this. It is hormonal. It will usually stop in a week but could take up to two. All women should be taking this every day. Will help with pms also. Tally

Old 04-25-2005, 10:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

Thanks for the replys! The pain actually went away a couple of days before I began my period, and hasn't come back yet. If it happens again this month, I will probably ask a doctor about it. That is interesting to know about the caffinated drinks, because I drink Diet Coke, like I should be drinking water. Maybe that's my problem.. I'll try cutting back!

Whiskers

Closed Thread