It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2005, 12:53 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

worried_mommy HB User
Can you have a slight yeast infection?

I know this may sound weird but, I've only ever had 1 yeast infection after taking antibiotics, and it was really bad, lots of discharge and unbareble itching, you know the fun stuff . Today I have been itchy and have a little bit of thick white discharge, nothing horrible, but there. Could this be a yeast infection? I first contributed the itchy and kind of burning feeling to rough intercourse my husband and I have been having the last few days, which I still think it might be, because I've had it happen before, but never the discharge. I know it's not a STD because we've been together for almost 5 years and are both tested and clean.

Can you have a slight yeast infection? If so do you have to treat it with over the counter products? Or can you get rid of it with and anti itching cream and eating lots of yogurt? (recomended by my Dr along with the OTC stuff for my last one.) I really don't mind treating it, just wondering if it's neccessary, because I'm not even sure thats what it is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2005, 05:22 PM   #2

katrinaf HB User
Re: Can you have a slight yeast infection?

sometimes after intercourse i also get the itching and it is annoying. if i was you i would monitor it and see if it improves. if it doesnt or it gets worse just go to the dr and get it checked out.

yeast infections also can come about by eating too many sugary and yeast foods so you could also cut that back.

katrina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2005, 07:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

worried_mommy HB User

I'm not big on yeasty foods, I have a bit of a chocolate addiction but well, I don't think it's THAT bad :P

The discharge is getting worse now, so I assume it's a yeast infection. I've been treating it with yogurt today, both eating it and using it as a supository. If it doesn't seem like it's any better tommorow I head out to get something over the counter. Anyone else ever have any luck with using yogurt?

Old 04-18-2005, 03:57 AM   #4
(female)

queenbluebee HB User

Sounds like a yeast infection. A few years ago I went for a Papsmear and had a yeast infection. They kept reoccuring every couple of months or so.
The doctor recommended using the over the counter yeast infection treatments for two weeks instead of the recommended 7 days to assure that the bacteria was gone. I haven't had once since.

Also, he recommended that I stop drinking sodas (acid/caffine) contributes to yeast infections..something about urinary tract (can't remember). Put drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.

Old 04-18-2005, 03:59 AM   #5
(female)

queenbluebee HB User

As for the yogurt treatment, I've never used it but my sister has. She says its the best treatment for a cheap price. She freezes plain yogurt in plastic tampon applicators (clean) and inserts them at night.

Old 04-18-2005, 07:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

worried_mommy HB User

Well today I HAD to go get some over the counter stuff. OMG! Is it normal for it to burn and itch sooo much? I feel like I'm going to start tearing at myself and screaming in public, lol! I remember the one I had before being really itchy, but not so much burning. It's ok for awhile with the canestin stuff though thank god! Is this normal for a yeast infection? Or should I head to the Dr? I remember my friend used to get them all the time and she said she felt like screaming, but wow, now I REALLY feel bad for her.

Old 04-19-2005, 09:21 AM   #7
(female)

queenbluebee HB User

Yours sounds like the one I had. I would have to run to the bathroom and scrath like crazy. Yes, it burns when you pee because you literally scratch yourself raw due to the itchiness.

I woud first use the over the counter product for two weeks (to assure you kill the bacteria). I used to use the 7 day treatments and the gyno told me that it wasn't enough it only sufficates instead of actually getting rid of the infection. I know two weeks sounds like a lot but honestly it works.

If it doesn't clear up then go to the doctor because it then could be a urinary tract infection. But from your symptoms sounds like a bad yeast infection--drink lots of water.

P.S. The gyno gave me two boxes of generic Monistat 7 to use.

Old 04-19-2005, 09:22 AM   #8
(female)

queenbluebee HB User

Oh, if you are itching on the external area of the vagina you can put some of the cream there and it helps relieve the itching.. Good Luck

Old 04-19-2005, 01:35 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

worried_mommy HB User

Thanks queenbluebee, as you can tell I'm not one who suffers from yeast infections often .

My friend recomended Canesten 3 day tablets, is monistat better? I don't reallt care how long I have to use it for, just as long as it's gone and stays gone!

Closed Thread