It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2005, 10:03 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User
having cramps but not time of month..?

Hello ladies,

Just wondering if any of you have any idea why I would be having cramps when I am far from my period. I am on seasonale, just had the period (kinda it didnt really come) 2 weeks ago. Saw my gyno for my yearly the following week who confrimed there was discharge in there it just wasnt enought to be noticable.

But now for the past 2 or 3 days ive been having cramps. And i hardly get them even when im on my period? Any clue?

Old 04-22-2005, 09:32 AM   #2
(female)

chocolate35 HB User
Re: having cramps but not time of month..?

It could be mittleschmertz...are you half way through your cycle? If so and you are experiencing cramp-like pain it could be mittleschmertz which is essentially painful ovulation. No big deal...no health risk or anything...just annoying pain that can last for an hour to three days or so. Basically when the egg is released you rupture a follicle and in the case of mittleschmertz a small amount of blood can be released and can irritate the oviduct (fallopian tube) and will be irritable or painful until the blood is absorbed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2005, 04:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

thanks for the info chocolate, im still having them today. Im ready to go buy a box of midol. I havent used that stuff since b4 i was on birthcontrol since that stuff has really been helping my cramps go away.

It's not like a 24/7 thing its from time to time during the day. thanks again

Old 04-23-2005, 10:42 AM   #4
(female)

Georgette HB User

I always get cramps mid cycle. If I wanted to get pregnant, I would have no trouble figuring out when I'm ovulating! Sometimes the cramps are as bad as first-day period cramps. My discharge also increases around that time.

Old 04-23-2005, 04:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

thats true georgette, I am having more discharge right now. Thats the first time ive ever had the cramps so noticable. It kinda freaked me out thinking something might be wrong. Nice to know its common because i got on b/c to lessin the cramps or get rid of them all together. And being on b/c has really helped that out.

Closed Thread