It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2005, 01:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
Can ovarian cysts this size cause pain?

I've been having a severe achey feeling in my lower abdomen and across my lower back for awhile now. At first, my Dr. thought it was due to a bad UTI. But, the infection has cleared up and I'm still in a lot of pain. So, they sent me for an abdominal u/s and transvaginal u/s. Everything looked ok except I had several cysts on both of my ovaries...the largest was only 1.6cm. This doesn't sound very big to me...and I'm wondering if cysts this size can really cause this much pain. My Dr. seems to think it's possible. My pain isn't one sided at all...it's across my entire lower back and I feel a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen.
They're going to send the path report to my Gyn. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had ovarian cysts around this size...and if so, did they cause a lot of pain?

Thanks so much,
Hilery

Last edited by hilery79; 04-28-2005 at 01:17 PM.

Old 04-28-2005, 02:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Re: Can ovarian cysts this size cause pain?

Hi
I too deal with alot of ovarian cysts. They have been tiny ones and massive ones.

My OB that I saw for 20 years told me that small cysts don't cause pain, but the new OB that I am seeing said yes they can cause pain.

I had a cyst that was 5cm (which even this size was small for me compared to what I have been dealing with) this 5cm cyst ruptured ands went down to a 1.2cm. I had pain.. I also had smaller cysts on the other ovary and they caused pain and when they ruptured it felt like I was popping a bag of popcorn in the micro!!

I feel all doctors have all different opinions. If you persist with pain and disconfort...make sure you keep up with seeing doctors and to get answers. It is your body !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread