It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2005, 03:19 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Period came 2 days early...should I be concerned?

Here's the deal: Way back in August of last year, I went on the birth control pill in an attempt to help with my period cramps, but I had to stop it in November because I could not get anymore pills. Despite stopping, though, my periods kept coming every 28 days, as if I were still taking the pills. I know this is normal for some women, but this month, my period came 2 days early. I was expecing it on May 1st, but it came April 30.

I am unsure if the bleeding is lighter or not because it is only the first day, and my first day is not usually heavy. One thing that I know for sure is that my usual cramps are still here. For about 2 days before the bleeding began, I felt an aching feeling where I believe my ovaries are located. I had this feeling before (constantly), but it went away. I'm unsure if the pains and my period are connected.

I am wondering if perhaps my body is trying to revert back to my natural cycle, but the thing is that before I went on birth control, my periods came between the 19 and the 21 of the month.

I'm not sure what to think, and I'm worrying that something is wrong with me and making myself sick over it. Does anyone think I should be worried about my period coming 2 days too soon?

I'd appreciate any advice on this at all, because I don't want to feel sick all weekend. -.-

Dark Stranger

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2005, 04:46 PM   #2
(female)

cookingmom HB User
Re: Period came 2 days early...should I be concerned?

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Being two days early is okay. Cycles can change from something as simple as stress. Keep track of it and see how many days it is until your next cycle. I think you are probably okay but if it becomes continually irregular then check with your gyno. Relax.

Closed Thread