It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2005, 05:26 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User
Could PMS cause a fever???

This may sound really stupid, but it's weird. Thursday late afternoon I had to pick my daughter up from school (age 17) because she said she felt faint and had chillls... she came home and went to sleep and slept until 11am the next day. The next day and during the night she had a little fever (99.5 to 100.5) on and off and felt very nauseated, had a backache too... this morning she woke up, said she was totally better and got her period. Could PMS cause a FEVER??? If it weren't for that fever, all those other symptoms sound like they could be from a very "bad" period coming on. Or was it just a little bug or something she ate and just a a coincidence as soon as she got her period she was better.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:45 PM   #2
(female)

*chica* HB User
Re: Could PMS cause a fever???

Wanted to give this post a bump...because I sometimes feel like I have a fever just before or at the start of my period, but I've never checked it.
Also, my backaches EXTREMELY bad...and it takes at least 5 or 6 tylenols to help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2007, 08:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

Assuming she is not on birth control pills, yes, it could cause a low-grade fever.

A lot of women (myself included), use a system of basal body temperature charting to track their cycles to become pregnant. Before ovulation, basal body temperatures are lower--mine were usually 97.0-97.5 degrees. After ovulation, as progesterone is released, the basal body temperature rises. I typically had basal body temps. over 98 degrees, closer to 98.6 degrees after ovulation. Basal body temps. are usually lower than your regular daily temp. because these temperatures are taken right upon waking up in the morning, before getting out of bed, before eating or drinking anything.

After ovulation, if I took my temperature during the day (out of curiousity), it was usually around 99-99.7 degrees. Although, usually, running this low-grade fever never made me feel sick. I'd feel fine other than normal PMS symptoms except sometimes, I would notice feeling very, very hot (especially in bed at night).

Old 05-08-2007, 08:56 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

You can have a fever on birth control pills also. I use to get them from time to time when I was around 13-17. For a while it was every month for about a year then the fever calmed down and was only a headache.

It seems like every 5 or so years a side effects would stop and a new one would happen

Closed Thread