It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2005, 02:12 PM   #1
(female)

ruthr HB User
Unhappy Acupuncture to treat Ovarian Cysts? Help!

I am 29 and have been operated three times to remove cysts from both of my ovaries (not dermoids, but endometriotic and cystadenoma cysts). I have had my last surgery just 2 months ago and found out last week at my gyn that i have again a 6,5 cm cyst!! I have started taking oral contraceptive to try having it under control although my operating doc says these types of cysts dont react to the pill. I am willing to try anything to save my ovaries because i still dont have children. If anyone knows anything about other options, please share it with me.
Thank you!!!

Old 06-30-2005, 03:40 PM   #2
(female)

darla987 HB User
Re: Acupuncture to treat Ovarian Cysts? Help!

Hello Ruthr,

There is a procedure that you can do called Laposcropy(sp?).. its a tube that they put in your belly button and drain the cyst out. I have heard this is the minimal surgery. i had the bigger surgery where they had to make a 7 inch incision below the bikini line.

i would see your doctor there are other medicines to help shrink the cysts. i am usure of the names because i had to have my cyst removed ..becasue it was so big, the size of a small basketball...

make sure you might not have something else like POCS or Endo... But i would defintely have your doctor look more into it...A 6.5cm is pretty good size... the cyst can grow into a dermoid cyst which contain hair teeth and bone , that's what i had...
and they need to remove it if it keeps growing...
most likely if the cyst doens't grow. you will be okay and your ovaries will be fine.
You have to worry about the cyst getting bigger cuz that;s when they can twist your ovaries and then you have to have them removed. I was lucky and they only needed to take my right ovary and right fallopian tube... i haven't had kids either and it is scarry to think about you might now be able to...We are now trying to have a child becasue the DR said i am prone to get this again.

Take care of this right away... you don't want the cyst to bigger or you don't want it to rupture either...

most cyst are 98% not cancerous....

take care and hope this helps some....

Darla987

Last edited by darla987; 06-30-2005 at 03:43 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread