It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2005, 10:25 AM   #1
(female)

cutie777 HB User
Thrush and pain - help!

HI all,

Last Tuesday my gyno said I have thrush and that I have to use tablets to put up my vagina and a cream. Before this I was experiencing pain during sex, and thought when I was diagnosed that it could have been because of the thrush. So, up until now I have used the cream and tablets, and today my boyfriend and I had sex for the first time with a condom since I went to the gyno. Well, thinking everything would be cleaned up, you can imagine my surprise when my vagina actually hurt more this time, and there was also a little bit of blood!

What the hell is wrong with my vagina? My gyno said she saw nothing wrong when performing a pap smear. The pain is more near the entrance.
And also, is thrush caused by sex??

Thankyou!

Old 06-28-2005, 12:20 AM   #2
(female)

cutie777 HB User
Re: Thrush and pain - help!

Hello!! Can someone please answer!! I`m a little anxious!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2005, 08:15 AM   #3
(female)

starlet32079 HB User

A yeast infection isn't usually caused by sex, but it can be set off by a certain kind of condom that maybe you are sensitive to or even a lubricant like KY, Astroglide...
There is also some other infections that you could possibly have and should be checked for. Thay are BV (bacterial vaginosis), and other STD's.
They can often feel alot like a yeast infection and hurt like them too.
I am also trying to treat a yeast infection that will not go away. I have tried everything...I have been with the same man for 8 years so I know I don't have any STD's. I have not had a pap in about 2 years so I think I need to go and have one.
Have you talked to your Doc about taking the Diflucan pill? It is one pill that you take and it stays in your system for several days to get rid of a yeast infection (thrush).
I hope this helped?

GOOD LUCK,
Starlet

Old 07-03-2005, 03:35 PM   #4
(female)

majikgirl2001 HB User

i believe yeast infections can be passed back and forth between female and male during sex (i guess if you're not using a condom), so make sure your partner is treated too.

Old 07-03-2005, 04:00 PM   #5
(female)

chickabom HB User

did you mention the pain to your gyno ?

Old 08-02-2005, 11:13 AM   #6
(female)

cutie777 HB User

Yes I did mention the pain to her, but she said she saw nothing during the pap smear

Old 08-02-2005, 02:20 PM   #7
(female)

tpagm HB User

You may have vulvodynia.....There are a few posts on this board about it. I posted about in a few pages back. Doctors still are researching it. There is nothing that can be done for it. It pain bascially in the vulvar area that cause pain when having sex or just pain in general. Doctors can't explain it at this point really.

Old 08-03-2005, 07:27 AM   #8
(female)

neats20 HB User

Ok, I've had this problem. First of all, you know that yeast infections can take a couple weeks to clear up, right? Maybe you just need to wait a bit longer before having sex. Second, yeast infections cannot be passed back and forth between you and your boyfriend, so don't worry about that- you have yeast present in your vagina all the time; an infection just means you have more than normal.

Now, I had this problem for 6 months when I was 16. I didn't have any infections, but I couldn't have sex that whole time because it was so painful. I bled too. No one knew what was wrong with me. I went to three different doctors and they gave me some lidocaine and told me to use that during sex. LIDOCAINE. Anyway, at some point I realized that the pain had started a week or two after I had started the birth control pill. I immediately went off it, and magically, after months of pain, it just faded away within a week and I was fine. I've read up on this a little, and apparently painful sex can be a very rare side effect of birth control pills containing estrogen. Are you on the pill? If you are, you might want to consider switching to a different pill. Well, you said you use condoms though, so I imagine that you're not... you might want to consider getting on it, because like someone else said, condoms can cause a lot of inflammation if you're sensitive to them.. and maybe the change in your hormones will stop this. But don't worry... you're not alone. This happened to me too.

Old 08-03-2005, 08:28 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

worried_mommy HB User

"Second, yeast infections cannot be passed back and forth between you and your boyfriend, so don't worry about that- you have yeast present in your vagina all the time; an infection just means you have more than normal."

NOT true! You sure can pass a yeast infection back and forth! I believe it's called jock itch in men though. I had just gotten over a yeast infection and then got it back a couple of weeks later, only to find out I had given it to DH and he gave it back. Once DH treated it with an OTC cream and I treated mine, we haven't had another problem.

Closed Thread