It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2005, 09:25 AM   #1
(male)

smacum04 HB User
Question Vaginal/Cervical growth

Hello all. I am new here, and yes, I am a man. It is out of concern for my wife that I am writing, so please bear with me ...

My wife has a large growth in her vagina that can easily be felt with your fingers and during intercourse. It seems like it is growing out of the cervical wall in the back, but it's hard to tell.

She has experienced some light bleeding after intercourse but nothing heavy or major, pain during intercourse, and is currently going through a pretty good bout of pain in her lower-right abdoman, along with some cramping.

I know this is going to sound gross, but after a visit to the ER in which the docotor did little more than use a speculum to get a look-see, we went home and she had me look to see if I could spot the lump. Obviously I don't have a speculum (although I don know where to buy one if needed) and I didn't want to get my toolkit involved so I just used my fingers and opened it up as well as I could. And it is harder than it sounds, because that flesh in there just pushes and slides and will not get out of the way!

Anyway, I got to where I could see it, a piece at a time, and it was just as pink and healthy looking as the rest of the tissue in there. It is not red or inflamed looking, I did not see any sores or lesions on it (which is how the ER doc described it, a lesion) and it did not look nasty in any way. I would have to say that it is about 1/2" - 3/4" long by 1/4" - 1/2" wide.

Again, the ER doc did nothing for us, no PAP or anything, due to a "lack of abilty to follow up" and did not even offer what he thought it was in his "medical opinion". Would only say that it was not really hard and he called it a lesion. My wife has twice been to the ER and no one has done a sonogram on her, even though her primary complaint is abdominal/pelvic pain. Not even an x-ray to see if there is a mass in there. As you can tell I am frustrated.

Before you ask ... she and I both have new jobs and our medical insurance has not kicked in yet (2 more weeks!) so she has not been to an OB/GYN, but it is on the horizon. I asked her to make an appointment anyway but we are concerned if it is something that needs surgery our insurance will not cover it as a pre-existig condition.

I was just wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of anything like this? Please let me know as I am going crazy here. I am worried sick and no one seems willing to help. ER's stink for problems like this, and Dr.'s are not willing to go out on a limb and answer any questions. Our wonderful litigious society has stolen their medical opinions from them.

Thanks for suffering through this long thing. Take care ...

Scott

Last edited by smacum04; 07-05-2005 at 09:29 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2005, 05:40 AM   #2
(female)

browneyedsusie HB User
Re: Vaginal/Cervical growth

Hi Scott
Do you and your wife have children? This almost sounds like a prolapse. It is common if a woman has had children. There are 3 different kinds. Cycstole(sp) Recytole(sp) and a Cervical or Uterine prolapse.Basically in these you see the vaginal wall sort of cave in and can be in the way during intercourse as the area involved whether it be the bladder, rectum, or cervix in pushing things down. Your best bet is to see a Gyn and he will be able to tell you right away. If it is the above , it is very common and is not a life threatening problem
Hope this helps

Closed Thread