It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2005, 10:53 AM   #1
(female)

JDgirl HB User
Tampons/cramps???

Do tampons trigger cramps for anyone else? This just started for me about a year ago. I have resorted to using only pads. My regular gyno is in Iraq (BLESS HIS HEART!) And his sub-gyno seems to think this isn't possible.

Anyone else ever have this?

Old 07-15-2005, 12:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tesss HB User
Re: Tampons/cramps???

I don't know if tampons can cause cramps but they definately make my cramps much worse. I do wear tampons still during the day because I can't bear to wear towels out but I wear towels when I am at home and at night. I wear heated pads on my stomach to try to ease the cramps and avoid caffeine, junk food, anything bad at this time as it seems to make it worse. I don't necessarily have heavy periods but I do get big clots and I wonder if its something to do with that, or maybe just cos the period is heavier then?

Anyway, hope that helps
Tesss

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2005, 08:38 PM   #3
(female)

jessredwood HB User

Well i about a year ago, i couldn't wear tampons cause it hurt so bad up there and it made my cramps even more painful then there already are, so i went and seen my gyno and i found out that i have endometriosis, he said that would have to do something with why i could not wear tampons anymore because of the affection cause by the endometriosis, so now i have to resort to wearing those gross maxi pads for the rest of my life!!!

I would definitely tell ya that u better got see your doctor and get a complete check done and ask him why it hurts to wear a tampon.

good luck,
Jessica

Old 07-19-2005, 12:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tesss HB User

Hi Jess
I have endometriosis too and it doesn't have anything to do with wearing tampons. If you had endo stuck to the inside of your vagina then maybe it might make it more painful or maybe not, but without them looking inside of you they won't know that. You can wear tampons with endo. Because of the endo our periods will be likely to be more painful than other people regardless of whether we wear tampons or not.

Can I ask what tests /investigations you have had as if it hurts to put in or wear a tampon then thats not due to endometriosis. It might be that you have something else - lets hope not.

wishing you a good day

Old 07-19-2005, 09:23 AM   #5
(female)

JDgirl HB User

I don't have endo. I had my tubes tied last year, they would have caught that. It doesn't always make worse cramps, just the first 2 days or so. It just started this way about a year ago. Maybe my body is just making changes.
Thanks for the replies.

JD

Old 07-19-2005, 12:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tesss HB User

I read something on a website today about how tampons make cramps worse. So I guess its a usual and known thing. I am the same - the first couple of days are the worst then its not so bad.
Best wishes

Old 07-19-2005, 11:49 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

i think the reason they "cause" cramps is because your making it harder for the menstral blood to flow as it normally would. i know I use tampons and only use them during the day at night i use pads.

but i too notice my cramps to be worse when im using tampons.

Old 07-23-2005, 05:56 AM   #8
(female)

artbuggy3 HB User

I have noticed that tampons cause my cramps to be worse in the first couple of days also. I hate wearing pads but sometimes it helps a little with the cramping. Glad I am not alone !

Closed Thread