It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2005, 04:04 PM   #1
(female)

juliansmama HB User
Bacterial Vaginosis....Pelvic pain?!? HELP ME!

Hello all...I have been diagnosed with Bacterial Vaginosis 3 times in the past 4 months. I have the "normal" symptoms associated with BV, but I also get pelvic pain (LOW) and it sometimes radiates to my thighs. I know this is associated with BV because after I take the meds to clear the BV (Flagyl) the pelvic pain goes away. Sometimes the pain is crampy and only happens when I am moving around, other times it just happens. It feels almost like a UTI, but I don't have a UTI. ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THE SAME SYMPTOMS WITH BV???? I am wondering because I want to know if this is normal??! Thank you much!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2005, 10:59 AM   #2
(female)

JustJen HB User
Exclamation Re: Bacterial Vaginosis....Pelvic pain?!? HELP ME!

This is very normal for some women. I was plagued with BV for about 3 years before I had my hysterectomy. Some of mine were caused by thongs, which I quit wearing and they came a lot less often. Once it was the shaving gel I used. I would still get them but not as severe. I took a lot of Flagyl. I have not had a problem since my hyster but it did cause me to almost loose my life during my surgery. There was infection there, this is all gross negligence by my doc so don't get scared. Instead of everything draining after my surgery it built up in a pocket inside of me. All of the blood and the infection. It was the size of a softball when they found it. I almost died. The BV made it even worse because there was already infection there to feed off of. I guess for some women it is normal. Mine always had a horrible smell. Not too much discharge, just the smell. Have you asked your doc what is causing these or have you tried using different products or taking showers instead of baths? Try a few things like that and see if it doesn't improve a little. Best of luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2005, 02:28 PM   #3
(female)

ladyachika HB User
Re: Bacterial Vaginosis....Pelvic pain?!? HELP ME!

hey juliansmama,

i have the same exact problem that you do...did you end up getting a check-up for it? What are you doing about it?

Let me know!

Thanks

Old 08-22-2005, 09:24 PM   #4
(female)

cturn27 HB User

I personally have had this for 2 yrs. now. I really don't ahve many symptoms except constant burning. Especially after sex. We haven't had sex in a month and I have taken 3 round of Flagyl, 2 rounds of Amoxicillin and numerous rounds of gels, creams. I can't shake it and it's really annoying. I have tried EVERY suggestion given by my gyne. Nothing is working. We tried condoms, lubricant, my diet, abstinence. Anything she suggested I tried. I even take the acidophilus pills 2 times a day. Any other suggestions would be greatly helpful. I do have pelvic pain also, but I'm just becoming acustomed to them. Like second nature.

Old 08-22-2005, 11:19 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

What has worked for me when all other meds haven't cleared it up. Is Boric Acid capsules 600mg per capsules inserted in the vagina morning and night for two weeks. It has helped many women who have this constant B/V problem. {removed} .

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 08-23-2005 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Read posting rules. Poster can conduct their own search without help.

Closed Thread