It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2005, 06:51 AM   #1
(female)

cluelessfemale HB User
Unhappy vaginal itching before & after periods; what is this?

Does anyone experience this? I have hormonal imbalance and I have vaginal itching just before and after my period. The itchiness is soooo intense that awakens me when I am sleeping. I am not diabetic and i'm not also sexually active. I have never been had experience about sex. I went to 2 gynecologist and they said that I'm just allergic to napkins but I don't think so. I think this is serious. I have this for 3 years or more. Will this cause me infertility? I'm clueless about what's going on with me. Can anybody help me figure out what is this. Your help is very highly appreciated.

Cluelessfemale

Last edited by cluelessfemale; 07-29-2005 at 06:53 AM. Reason: change title

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2005, 07:06 AM   #2
(female)

daqa HB User
Re: vaginal itching before & after periods; what is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluelessfemale
Does anyone experience this? I have hormonal imbalance and I have vaginal itching just before and after my period. The itchiness is soooo intense that awakens me when I am sleeping. I am not diabetic and i'm not also sexually active. I have never been had experience about sex. I went to 2 gynecologist and they said that I'm just allergic to napkins but I don't think so. I think this is serious. I have this for 3 years or more. Will this cause me infertility? I'm clueless about what's going on with me. Can anybody help me figure out what is this. Your help is very highly appreciated.

Cluelessfemale
your gyno is most likely right! but if it's not the pads, it could be a little yeast imbalance before and after your period which is totally normal too. don't be worried-if it always goes away after your period, it one of the two-try tampons or a different kind of pad-if you use the kind of pad with a vinyl type cover on it like always brand-try a pad that is all cotton (i think stayfree is just cotton) and use unscented! the perfumes can cause allergies, are completely unecessary not to mention useless. make sure you shower daily and "freshen up" with just regular soap and water during your period as well. If you switch pads and keep really clean and you are still itchy, it's probably the slight yeast imbalance thing-yeast can become unbalanced due to hormonal fluctuations-it happens to me too-I try to stay away from carbs as much as possible and it really has helped tremendously.I assure you there is nothing to worry about and I have had 2 boys so you can relax about infertility being caused by the itching! good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2005, 07:50 PM   #3
(female)

daqa HB User
Re: vaginal itching before & after periods; what is this?

you're welcome clueless!

then it definately sounds to me like a slight yeast imbalance during that week due to a change in hormones there's unfortunately nothing you can do about the hormone fluctuations, but try for the week before your period and the week following to stay away from carbohydrates as much as possible-this can be tricky with the cravings and all so if you must have something sweet, try sugar free jello with whipped cream and strawberries(I'm getting hungry) LOL! try as hard as you can to stay away from the bad carbs as much as you can even during the other 2 weeks of the month.I have found that by doing this, it also relieves my pms symptoms and bloating! it has also slighty lightened the intensity and duration too! yeast crave sugar, so if you starve them of what they want you can in a large part prevent any overgrowths. I really hope this all helps you it really stinks being itchy!! and I am a little suprised that the gyno didn't even collect a specimen usually they will just to be sure, but if you end up trying this and not getting relief, go back and tell him it's bothering you.one way to kind of 'curb' the major hormonal fluctuation during that week is birth control. well, good luck with everything!!
naq

Closed Thread