It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2005, 04:03 PM   #1
(female)

Leeby HB User
breasts hurt when I take off bra

Does anyone else experience this? I admit things have went a little down south since having children. So I'm wondering if that could be a reason. I buy good support bras. I'm also slightly larger on the side that hurts the most. I'm just wondering if anyone else experiences this. Thanks for any feedback. Most of the discomfort is in the upper outside part if that means anything.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunnydaze1 HB User
Re: breasts hurt when I take off bra

It could just be your hormones at work with having tender breasts at certain times of the month. Or maybe you're wearing the wrong size bra and it's too tight? Make sure you do your monthly self-exam of your breasts or see your doctor if only for peace of mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2005, 05:55 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

princess72 HB User

Im not sure if you are talking about hurt from bra (?wrong size type thing) or, because they may sag a bit. If they sag a significant amount, then when you take your bra off----they are no longer supported. Also, if you are on the larger side, like D or DD, i think it would be painful without a bra on. They make some of the best bra's out there, now. Mine hurt too, after having 2 children...but mine sagged awfully bad, i was size A...........they still hurt. I ended up getting augmentation and a lift. Not all because they hurt....mostly cuz they sagged.

Old 08-04-2005, 06:46 AM   #4
(female)

Leeby HB User

Yes, I'm a D. I was a B prior to having children. I mentioned this at last OB appt. and she didn't find anything. I do my monthly exams too. I was just wondering if this is a normal thing when things sag. A lot of my friends swear they're just as perky as ever after having kids. I don't believe them though. So I had no one to really ask this question to. Thanks!! I would think with sagging though that the pain would be at the bottom, but mines at the top. How confusing!

Old 08-04-2005, 06:53 AM   #5

amaranthine HB User

Hi there, I'm a B cup and very perky and I get this sometimes too, depending on the time of the month. Its completely normal- breasts are constricted all day by a bra, just like your feet are by shoes & sometimes they ache a bit when you take your shoes off. Don't worry!

Old 08-04-2005, 07:23 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

I think it's pretty common. I'm a large c and sometimes my breasts hurt when I remove my bra. I think it happens more when I'm retaining a little water, like just before my period. Ahh, the bloat........ It happened even when I was a smaller b cup. I don't have children so I can't say if that makes a difference.

Old 08-05-2005, 03:34 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

Yeah, I am a D and I find it so uncomfortable to not wear a bra just because of gravity...when you are big, of course its going to hurt to have two jugs dangling around freely. I even have to sleep in a bra cause I can't stand the discomfort of not wearing one.

Old 08-05-2005, 11:07 PM   #8
(female)

MzPrincessReina HB User

you could be wearing the wrong size thats what happened to me I was actully breaking teeny blood vescules and that was causing the pain.

Old 08-06-2005, 06:58 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

princess72 HB User

Good idea to get a good bra! High percentage of women arent wearing the right size! I think that is very important for the right support!

Old 08-08-2005, 10:09 AM   #10
(female)

lostinreality HB User

It's called Cyclical mastalgia. It happens usually to women in their 30's and older. It is believe to be caused by a disrugulation in prolactin levels. Caffeine can make it worse in some people.

It can be just a few days before your cycle or in severe cases several weeks only to get relief when your period starts. They can swell up a full cup size even. I have to buy two different size bras for different times of the month. The severity changes each month. This month only a week. last month three weeks and I got to where I didn't want to take my bra off at all.

Last edited by lostinreality; 08-08-2005 at 10:10 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to lostinreality For This Useful Post:
Mytony1 (11-03-2012)
Old 09-11-2005, 09:51 PM   #11

OctoberSunshine HB User

MzPrincessReina,

When you said you were actually breaking small blood vescules because your bra was too tight, was the wire poking you a lot? Was it just painful or did you see any brusing or changes in color? I only ask because I think I'm going through the same thing. My bra pokes me and it's painful and it makes my underarm hurt and the top and side of my breast. Was this the same for you? I'm just wondering because I want to make sure it is just my bra poking me and not the poking aggravating something else that could be wrong. I would appreciate any input. Thanks!

Old 09-12-2005, 09:23 AM   #12
(male)

Smoothie_Guy HB User

I am no doctor, but I do subscribe to theory that bras do more harm than good. A bra is, in essence, a prosthesis. As with any form of artificial support, with extended use, the muscles and ligaments they are intended to support, end up weakening, because they aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing. I have torn knee ACL's more times than I care to remember, and everytime, I would have this horrible knee immobilizer on for like 6 weeks, then surgery, then immobilizer again for rehab. When that thing was finally taken off, my leg was sooo weak, I had to put like 2 compression bandages on while I strengthened them again. I was always very glad to get rid of all that stuff. Well breasts are attached to the body with muscles and ligaments, and I am convinced as much that bras weaken those vital support structures as a day is long, so when you remove the bra, they are going to hurt. I know I'm not allowed to post web url's here, but I like for real doctors to back me up on these things. {removed}

No, I'm no perv, I just despise bras. I think they are a higher link to breast cancer than given credit for, and I lost a friend to it when she was still a young lady, and she swore it was due to over bra use. It has become a personal vendetta for me. I would like to see the things bannished.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 09-12-2005 at 10:44 AM. Reason: No websites and no how tos for searches.

Old 09-16-2005, 05:57 AM   #13
(female)

ninemmruger HB User
Lightbulb Re: breasts hurt when I take off bra

If u drank a lot of caffine drinks ( coke, pepsi etc..) will cause your breasts to be sore, tender when you take ur bra off. I think what my doctor called them were caffine deposits in the breats. Lay off caffine dranks and stick to water 4 a week and c if that helps.

Old 09-16-2005, 06:18 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie_Guy
I am no doctor, but I do subscribe to theory that bras do more harm than good. A bra is, in essence, a prosthesis. As with any form of artificial support, with extended use, the muscles and ligaments they are intended to support, end up weakening, because they aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing. ........
No, I'm no perv, I just despise bras. I think they are a higher link to breast cancer than given credit for, and I lost a friend to it when she was still a young lady, and she swore it was due to over bra use. It has become a personal vendetta for me. I would like to see the things bannished.
Smoothie_Guy,

Wearing bras does NOT cause breasts to sag. Most women in the western world wear bras, and some of the women sag and some of them don't. If it were just a matter of weakened muscles, then exercises to strengthen these alleged muscles would be posted ALL OVER women's magazines and the web and they'd be taught in health spas everytime we went to the gym to strengthen our REAL muscles -- those of us who sag would be VERY interested, I assure you! There are NO SUCH EXERCISES to strengthen the alleged muscles, because breast tissue isn't muscle!

And please don't use your unfortunate friend who died of breast cancer as the poster girl for your anti-bra campaign. Breast cancer isn't caused by wearing bras!!! Just because your friend believed it doesn't make it true. Doctors and scientists have done a great deal of research about cancers, including breast cancer, and nowhere have I read that they are advocating bralessness as a preventative measure!!! Is prostate cancer caused by wearing tight underwear or jock straps???

--Rheanna

Closed Thread