It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2005, 03:28 PM   #1
(female)

innej HB User
Somewhat concerned.. :o(

My name is Jenni. Im 21 years old, and I'd like to consider myself to be at least somewhat intelligent. I've found myself becoming a little more concerned as days pass. My "situation" started around the time I recieved my "period" last month. My History of menstrul cycle is as follows. From the time I started my mother and I used to joke as to how regular I am. "You could start a clock by Jennis period". Ive ALWAYS been every 28 days, 5 day period. HEAVY cramps.. you know, the "rolling on the floor crying" kind. Starting in late April of this year continued through beginning/mid July, my ex boyfriend (fiance at the time) and I, were having completely unprotected sex. We werent TRYING to concieve. We just werent really concerned. Everything continued as normal, until around July 11th. I had a dream that someone handed me a baby boy and my immediate thought was "wow, I dont remember even being pregnant." The dream concerned me to a minor extent because I've always had a really amazing intuition. July 12th, around 3pm, I started my "period". It was 2 days early. And unlike my "normal" period, I cramped TWICE. Literally.. Once for about a minute, and the other time for about 5 minutes. And nothing like normal cramps. (my period has ALWAYS started in the middle of the night when Im sleeping. Crazy I know, but its just how its always been. And im usually awakended by HORRIBLE cramps, finding that I started my period) This "period" lasted for 3 days, and was a different color (more pink than the almost black HEAVY flow that Im accoustomed to) It didnt get heavier through the mensus, nor lighter when it ended, it just stopped. I used tampons during this time because I figured period = no pregnancy. I didnt fill ONE tampon each use. Normally I need to change at least 5 times in one day. I found this odd, but convinced myself this was just a light period. I took two pregnancy tests during this bleeding, both negative. Starting almost immediatly after this ended... I noticed that everytime I stood up, I was dizzy. My lower stomach started having weird knocking feelings near my pelvic area. Sometimes just a quick shooting feeling from aforementioned area up to my bellybutton. My lower back felt sore for a few days.. and I noticed that I would make a meal, and then realize I wasnt really even hungry. For about two weeks, I was convinced that I had become pregnant. Eventually it just dissapated and I realized I had just been overly paranoid. I continued on with my daily activities..noticing little feelings every now and then.. but nothing like the first 2 weeks. I figured "I'll wait until my next period to see whats going on". That leads me to now.. I was two days late, and low and behold, here she came. But for some reason, it hasnt satisfied me. It has actually made my suspicion a little worse. My period lasted two days. And this time, a pale lighter pink. An even lighter flow than last month. And a day shorter. I stopped bleeding sometime between day one and the second day for at least 12 hours. I had intercourse and started bleeding again..for maybe 4 hours..but not enough to fill a pad. But throughout day two to the wee hours of the morning, there was only brown (old) blood, when I wiped.. nothing on the panties. I spoke with a couple of my friends about this, and they adviced that they had both known plenty of girls who got their "periods" while pregnant. I know the best thing to do, and the safest thing to do, is to take another HPT, but a part of me is honestly afraid to.
other minor things Ive noticed.. Visible veins in my breasts (running through my nipple) that were never there.. I have developed spider viens in my legs (im only 21!!! Ive never HAD ANY OF THESE AND ITS GROSSING ME OUT! heh) and this month before my "period" started... my breasts hurt a little bit. (Ive never had sore breasts, even before/during periods) My breasts also feel like they're heavier. But its weird.. like..closer to the top of my breasts... like they're being weighed down sort of. I had lost 4 lbs during the first part of my freaking out.. but lately Ive noticed Ive had to wear my belt on one notch looser, or it feels like its digging into my stomach.
I feel somewhat obsessive considering "the first sign of pregnancy is a missed period" and even though I've actually had two periods.. Im still worried. I suppose my friends, made it worse, by telling me, that some women have periods in the first trimester and even throughout pregnancy. Ive noticed a MUCH heavier cervical mucus that initiated me to get to a clinic to get free STD testing because I was worried I contracted something. Tests showed negative. So, now Im just thinking "well maybe its just a bacterial infection"... My eyes have been welling up with tears over the SILLIEST things.. like commercials on TV. Ive been hit with this enlightening feeling about getting my life and career on the right track.. (but sometimes it happens because I am cursed with chronic depression/mania)
I know even if someone replys to this, The best answer I could get is "get a pregnancy test" ..Im aware of this. I just felt the need to vent. Im too nervous to speak with anyone in detail, because I dont want the whole circle to find out that I couldve possibly gotten "knocked up" .. nor do I really want anyone to know how truley nervous I am, about believing its possible.
I downloaded a free ovulation calendar to check to see if by chance I had been ovulating during unprotected intercourse, and of course .. I was.
Anyway..Im sure that was too long .. heh.. But I feel somewhat better having said all of these things. If you've actually read this and feel the need to reply.. please do so. D

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2005, 03:43 PM   #2
(female)

Skylar333 HB User
Re: Somewhat concerned.. :o(

Lol, I actually did read all this. I'm at work and have nothing else to do but answer phones and check people into the building. I say go to a gynocologist to get checked out. Pregnant or not, you know something isn't right and should know for certain to ease you mind and maybe treat whatever the probelm may be. My grandma had light periods throughout both her pregnancy's. She didn't find out she was pregnant til around 7 months, with both children. It is rare though to have periods during a pregnancy. You may be one of those rare cases or you may not be. There is no need to make yourself so stressed. Make a doc appointment and go get yourself checked out. I am curious, so keep us posted. Good luck and I hope everything is fine.

Old 08-15-2005, 04:12 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

dsleik HB User

im almost 22 and my regular periods started becoming days apart by the time i was 21. i never had sore boobs until about 4 mths ago which i had also thought i may be preg. my cycle is usually 25 -27 days and i just started a "light period" yesterday on day 31 which is completely abnormal for me also. i tested a neg. i think its just our bodies changing. if i were you i would test again in a few days! good luck xox

Old 08-15-2005, 07:01 PM   #4
(female)

sweeterthan HB User

The best advice I could give you is to go see your doctor. Preferably an OB/GYN. Tell them whats going on, how your period has suddenly gotten lighter and how you have been having all these symptoms. While it is certainly possible to have your period while pregnant I would have thought the HPT tests would have picked up that hormone to give you a positive result. But don't even bother getting anothe HPT, go straight to the doctor and ask for blood tests and maybe even an ultra sound. If you are pregnant they might possibly be able see something.
Good luck. Let us know how everything goes.

-Amber

Old 08-16-2005, 01:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

go get checked out to put your mind at rest, awhen i was in my mid 20's my periods changed too i.e. more painful (extremely) and irregular, sore bb's never had that ever before, i even got checked for early menopause but i was fine perhaps it is just a change of your hormones. didn't people tell you when you hit 21 it is all downhill lol. hope things are sorted for you soon.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:40 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

iona_23 HB User

i read the whole thing...the length of ur story brought me all the way to the bottom. and i agree with peeps who responded...go to the doctor and check it out. all these uncertainties will only go away if u get professional help. g'luck!

Old 09-15-2005, 09:27 PM   #7
(female)

innej HB User

Maybe those who have replied will get to read this.

Last week I went to the doc because I had been constipated (graphic I know) I felt the need to "number two" and was sitting on the toilet when all of a sudden I got struck with this COMPLETELY unbareable pain.. it was like two knives being dragged from my upper pubic area to my stomach. It lasted for about 7 minutes (but only happend three different times within that span).. it freaked me out enough to go to the doctor though.. and thank god I did! He discovered I'm 10 weeks pg!! Im somewhat concerned because I have yet to have a positive HPT! He said everything seems normal though, so not to worry too much. Low HCG levels are always something to be moderately concerned about, from what I gather. Im afraid to death, but am extremely excited to know there is life growing!! keep your fingers crossed for me? and good luck to you all!

Old 09-16-2005, 02:35 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

congratulations take care of yourself. are you an april mommy too then? See you on the thread. Good luck hope everything goes well for you.

Old 09-16-2005, 07:47 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

hotmamma13 HB User

Wow! I just read this for the first time. Jenni, I am also 21 and 10wks pg!!! Congradulations! Meet us on the "April Mom's Still Talking" board!!!

Amanda

Closed Thread