It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2005, 04:48 PM   #1
(female)

The joy of Jane HB User
??????why Won't They Work For Me????????

Hi, I've always had a really big problem with tampons. They just do not work for me!! No matter how far I push them up, they always gradually slide back down. They’re also really, really uncomfortable, as I can feel them inside me, and they leak straight away, not matter how light my flow is. I’ve tried all the brand and all the sizes available. What’s that all about???? Has anyone ever heard of this happening before???

I told my doctor, and she said it might be because I haven't had sex, and I may still have a hymen. If forgot to tell her, but I've actually had a gyno insert some tube - like speculum, and it was a pretty big tube, so I'm guessing that that broke my hymen? If you look in a mirror, would you be able to see your hymen, if it was there? Will the tube have broken mine?

Old 08-31-2005, 10:10 AM   #2
(female)

IwishIwereaman HB User
Re: Why Won't Tampons Work For Me????????

dUMB question for you...but..since i did do this a few times..when learning how to use tampons....I'd better ask... I used to put the tampon in, and NOT take off the cardboard applicator..so , it would fall down, and not hold the blood etc....It was terribly uncomfortable. Make sure u doing this right..re-read the directions...there is an outside of it that needs to come out before it will work. good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2005, 10:20 AM   #3
(female)

The joy of Jane HB User

Yeah, thanks for the reply but I'm absoluetly certain that I'm doing it correctly. I've been trying for years and years... anymore suggestions? I suppose I need to go back to the doctors, and get an examination - it's just a bit embarassing, though. Do you think she'll have to insert her fingers?

Old 08-31-2005, 10:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

you need to push it UP a little further, you will feel when it gets past the muscle....that's how it stays in.

Old 08-31-2005, 10:33 AM   #5
(female)

The joy of Jane HB User

I always push them up allllllll the way. I've just made another appointment with my doctor. Do you think she'll have to insert her fingers? I don't know how comfortable I'd feel with that.

Old 08-31-2005, 10:39 AM   #6
(female)

The joy of Jane HB User

Anymore suggestions? I've tried all the brands (including Playex Gentle Glide) and all the sizes.

Old 08-31-2005, 10:47 AM   #7
(female)

IwishIwereaman HB User

Ha, how comfortable it will be....thats a oxymoron if i ever heard one..nothing comfortable at the girly doctor...but, just relax..and keep reminding yourself..this is what they do alll the time..they could care less about ur wierd situations..and really, who are they gonna tell it to that you would care about...thats how i have to think about it when i go. I had to tell my doctor there was a funny odor once.. i thought i would die..but guess he took a wiff, LMAO..and said it was normal. oh boy.good luck...

Old 08-31-2005, 10:53 AM   #8
(female)

The joy of Jane HB User

I had the same thing too - did you have bacterial vaginsosis? I've had it loads and loads of times. Tres embarassing. I've had my doctor do tons of swabs on me before, but she's never had to insert her fingers - that's why I'm a little nervous about it. Maybe she won't have to do that...? Have you ever come across anyone with my problem before??

Old 08-31-2005, 11:17 AM   #9
(female)

steffie_e HB User

I Used Tampons From The Time I Was 15 --after I Had My Third Baby Iwas Unable To Use Them Any More. Like You I Could Feel Them Inside Of Me I Also Would Get Severe Cramps. I Went To The Dr She Said It Could Be A Form Of Tss. I Think Its Best To Go To Your Appointment And Talk To Her. Most Likely She'll Do An Exam.

Old 08-31-2005, 11:26 AM   #10
(female)

The joy of Jane HB User

TSS? Really??? You got the problem sorted, then? What about the finger insertation thing? Did he/she have to do that?

Last edited by The joy of Jane; 08-31-2005 at 11:32 AM.

Old 09-01-2005, 05:49 PM   #11
(female)

The joy of Jane HB User

Does anyone have anymore suggestions/anything else to say about this? Please keep your replies coming!

Old 09-05-2005, 04:43 PM   #12
(female)

The joy of Jane HB User

Bump! Some more advice on this would be nice, thanks!

I have an appointment with my family doctor about this on Thursday, and am absolutely DREADING having to talk to her about this again! It's so embarassing! I ALWAYS have to see her about embarassing stuff! If it's not a yeast infectiion, it's a bacterial infection, and if it's not a bacterial infection, it's a period thing... God, she's gonna start to think I'm strange - I'm there every other week! Some encouragement would be very nice, please!

Last edited by The joy of Jane; 09-05-2005 at 04:52 PM.

Old 09-11-2005, 02:33 PM   #13
(female)

cjchicka31 HB User

Hi Jane, It's okay! Breathe Honey Breathe!

I am in the same boat dear girl. Remember my other thread about being scared to break my hymen? Well, I'm going to my doctor this Tuesday to ask him what he thinks. i am also scared half to death because what if he wants to look? Like I had also posted in my thread, I had this massive crush on my doctor when I first started seeing him, and he only got married like 2 months ago..lol. At least you're going to see a female doctor! I would be so much more comfortable talking with a female doc than a male doc..lol. But my doctor has been absolutely fantastic since Day 1, and that makes me feel better.

I think you'll do great Jane, because this is very important. And there's no one better than a doctor who has most likely heard this question from countless young, scared to death women like yourself to ask. When I start to get freaked out, I also tell myself that I'll stop wondering once I know. Once I know exactly why tampon's hurt going in, if I'm really tight, all that stuff, I won't be so worried about it anymore. Jane, I'll be thinking of you on thursday, you can do this! If I can (trust me, I'm the biggest wimp in the world..lol) you can! We'll be strong together!

Old 09-11-2005, 04:56 PM   #14
(female)

The joy of Jane HB User

Hi, and thanks so much for your reply – that was really sweet! My appointment’s actually been changed to Tuesday, so looks like we’ll be getting our problems dealt with on the same day!

So, did you try using your fingers or any sex toys? Just think, if he does have a look, he’ll probably be able to help you more. In fact, I think you should ask him to look.

I also have a lump ‘down there’ that I need her to have a look at, sigh. I know you’re right – she really will have heard it all before. That does make me feel a bit more at ease. I think we’re both brave for having the balls to get our problems sorted! Best of luck to you for Tuesday; I’ll be thinking of you too! Do let me know how you get on, and I’ll do the same! X

Old 09-12-2005, 06:03 AM   #15
(female)

JDgirl HB User

I have a "tipped uterus" that does NOT play well with tampons. Same problems as you describe, not fitting, leaking.... so annoying! My mom also has this and she could never get them to fit right either.

Closed Thread