It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2005, 06:07 PM   #1
(female)

HHJ HB User
Rash on breast

Has anyone had this before?...Two days ago I began having sharp pains in my right breast. At first I thought it was gas pains. Then I thought it was from the cyst I found 5 months ago that comes and goes, but the cyst wasn't there. Yesterday I began hurting still in my breast, then along under my arm, down my arm, and in my back. By last night I had chills, fever, headache, diarrhea (which I had the last 2 for a few days before all this started). Then I noticed a rash on my breast, red and blistered. I rubbed peroxide on it, then I put monistat cream on it. (I had been on an antibiotic for an ear infection...thought maybe it was a yeast infection on my breast.) I didn't sleep all night from the pain. This morning, my back hurt to even touch, my breast still hurt, the blisters were gone but I still had a rash, but I was itching and still hurting, still had fever and chills. This time I put Lamisil cream on it. Well, I was scared that I had shingles so I went to an Urgent Care. The doctor was ready to diagnose me with shingles until he saw the rash. He said that since there were no blisters and the rash wasn't spread along to my back that it wasn't shingles. He called it something that started with an "F". Does anyone know what I'm talking about? He said it was like a pimple or clogged pores. Then he said it could be a yeast infection to keep putting Monistat on it. He said the back pain was something else (chiropractic lesion). I've had a rash like this before when I was pregnant with my 2nd child (1 1/2 yrs. ago). It lasted for maybe close to a month. I never showed it to a doctor. It was in almost the same spot as this one. I just didn't have pain. Has anyone else ever had these symptoms? What did you or your doctor do for it. Thank you and sorry for the length of this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2005, 08:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NodiGoiterGirl HB User
Re: Rash on breast

Have you had any bug bites lately? Sometimes they can cause a rash and fever and all that or maybe a sun rash? I don't know really. That wouldn't explain the pain you are having I don't think, but on the other hand I have had a bite that made me feel nasty and made my joints hurt. Could be a patch of eczema sp? It sounds very strange. I hope they can find out what's wrong with you soon.
Sometimes autoimmune disorders such as lupus can cause a rash and achiness.
Maybe someone else here will have some better answers.
Has the doctor told you why the cyst comes and goes?
Take care and feel better soon!
Nodi

Old 09-04-2005, 11:44 AM   #3
(female)

HHJ HB User

Hi! Thank you for your ideas and suggestions. It's really strange that you mention lupus, because about 6 years ago I started having skin rashes and pain in my joints along with fatigue and other problems, and my doctor did some blood tests and was thinking possible lupus (I have an aunt and a cousin with it). My ana was positive, sed rate was slow (I think...whichever is abnormal),and I was positive for Epstein Barr Virus. I was supposed to have more tests done, but we moved, and I never pressed it any further...this was right after I had my first child. Now I just had my 2nd child, and I have the "butterfly" looking rash under my eyes and across my nose, and this rash and pain is back (I just never had it on my breast before). It's like whatever it is lies dormant, then when I have a child it pops up again. Luckily I had my tubes tied after this one (lol). The monistat cream does seem to be helping though!

Old 09-04-2005, 02:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

My S-I-L had a rash and pain in her breast and it was finally diagnosed as cancer of the breast (a rare form). Please go to a doctor specializing in cancer of the breast and be checked for proper diagnosis.

It took my S-I-L a long time to ever get correct diagnosis and time is of essence if you have a problem like she did.

Last edited by Misty800; 09-04-2005 at 02:55 PM.

Closed Thread