It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2005, 04:11 PM   #1
(female)

libbie6 HB User
Unhappy please help- lymph nodes swelling and breast pain

Hi - I posted yesterday somewhere else but didn't get any replies, I hope someone here can help me. I'm 27 years old, For over a month I've been having breast pain in just my left breast and I found a small lump/thinkening. my left armpit feels sore and hurts, too. I also have a bit of a sore throat. This all started around the same period, so I went to my gyno after a couple weeks and had a mammogram and ultrasound done. The results for mammo came back and said the mass was benign- still waiting for ultrasound results. I am just nervous especially about why my armpit and throat are hurting, and for so long ( a month). My gyno is not very good at explaining things, and I am seeking someone new to go to. But in the meantime, I wonder if the throat and armpit pain are separate or connected to my breast pain. I thought maybe if it's a cyst, the pain is radiating into my armpit, but then why is my throat sore? I'm wondering if I have an infection of some kind, and should go to a GP as well........ anyone have any ideas, or experienced something similar? Thanks!

Old 09-10-2005, 10:55 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ittal HB User
Re: please help- lymph nodes swelling and breast pain

Maybe a problem with your lymph nodes? But breast pain isn't generally a symptom of breast cancer, so it's probably something else.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2005, 07:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

I get a small lump between my armpit & breast when a breast growing spurt starts. The breasts ache on the sides for a few days, then it goes away.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altari
Maybe a problem with your lymph nodes? But breast pain isn't generally a symptom of breast cancer, so it's probably something else.
NOT TRUE
breast pain was a sign of cancer for my grandma ..and in fact that was the only sign she had for months..finally went to the gyno and it was cancer.

im glad you took action to go get a mammogram done. a few mths ago i had very swollen lymph nodes,very sore thoart and hard to swallow..and it turned out i had mono + strep at same time. im just throwing out possibilities..but anytime your lymph nodes swell..id take action..lymphoma could also be a possibility you know..? so please..get checked out better.

Old 09-11-2005, 09:07 PM   #5
(female)

libbie6 HB User

thanks for the replies-

since the mammogram report said the mass is benign, I am not too worried about it being cancer (although am still waiting on the ultrasound). I don't know anything about lymphoma, so I guess I'll look that up on the internet! I am going to call for an appt. with a GP tomorrow, becuase I am just clueless as to what's going on. When I was at the gyno last month, they did take a strep culture and test for mono, and both came back negative. Is it possible that I could have mastitis or some kind of breast infection, and that's why my lymph nodes are enlarged?

Old 09-11-2005, 10:16 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

ittal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview
NOT TRUE
breast pain was a sign of cancer for my grandma ..and in fact that was the only sign she had for months..finally went to the gyno and it was cancer.
Actually, it is true. Notice I said generally. Some women experience it, but in general breast pain is not indicitive of breast cancer. If I could post a link, I would. I thought it was, as well, until I ran the OP's symptoms through a few sites and got that response again and again.

You could have a breast infection, but the area would be hard, red and hot. I would guess the problem began in the lymph nodes and your breast pain is a side effect, rather than vice versa. Only a doctor can tell you for sure, though.

Old 09-12-2005, 02:34 PM   #7
(female)

libbie6 HB User

Well, I first noticed the lump because there was a red spot above it. The lump began to hurt a couple days later, and pretty much hasn't stopped. Nothing is swollen, though.............

Old 09-13-2005, 02:59 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Longview HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altari
Actually, it is true. Notice I said generally. Some women experience it, but in general breast pain is not indicitive of breast cancer. If I could post a link, I would. I thought it was, as well, until I ran the OP's symptoms through a few sites and got that response again and again.

then it wouldnt be true now would it? i was just saying...it can happen.

Last edited by Longview; 09-13-2005 at 03:00 PM.

Closed Thread