It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2005, 01:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User
Always feel sick before my period!

I never ever ever used to get PMS up until about a year ago. I am 26. I have bad anxiety and take anti-anxiety meds for this. I also have migraines. I believe the migraines are related to my period because I usually get them the week before or after my period.

Anyway, for the last few months I have been getting sick 7-10 days before my period. Sometimes it lasts 2 or 3 days, sometimes it is on and off for a week, but I always feel the same - severe headache, nausea, fatigue and overall flu-like feeling. {removed}

Has anyone experienced this, and if so, what did you tdo to help? I have been on this same b.c. pill for 10 years and I have only been having problems for the last year or two. I am going to the gyno next week so i intend to ask her.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 10-13-2005 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Read posting rules. Do not reedit a post after a moderator has unless asked to.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: Always feel sick before my period!

Anyone anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2005, 08:00 AM   #3
Veteran

bullun HB User

All I can say is that I have experienced all those symptoms prior to my cycle starting. My advice is to watch your diet and drink plenty of water. Stay away from salty foods etc. I have noticed on my best eating behavior and doing these things, that it def. tends to eliminate the headache, bloating and nausea symptoms. I have however not totally gotten rid of the fatigue. But that only stays for a day typically. Good luck!

Old 10-13-2005, 08:02 AM   #4
(female)

NotSoGirlyGirl HB User

Well, I would despise to have PMS-like symptoms that ammount of time ahead. I know from experience that other medical problems can cause PMS to get worse, but it could be many other things too. If you take medication for your migraines, that may have something to do with it. I know that I was so reliant on Torodol when I was younger that I ended up getting worse & worse migraines. Your period & your migraines may be fighting for superiority! The migraines didn't stop until I stopped taking the medication, and my PMS improved after that too. Or perhaps you've started taking something for the PMS a few months ago, too, and your body is either use to it (I can't take aspirin anymore for that reason either), rejecting it, or they are interacting with something else you're taking?

Not sure! You should see your doctor about it though. People can suffer from severe PMS at any point in their life. I had a friend who was literally ill the whole time she had hers. Hope you can see a doc and get some good advice!

Last edited by NotSoGirlyGirl; 10-13-2005 at 08:11 AM.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:04 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking maybe I needed a diff. form of birth control where I would have fewer periods, but I'm not sure if that would help. I'll be sure and ask my gyno when i go next week.

Closed Thread