It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2005, 09:11 PM   #1
(female)

MizzMozart HB User
Do I have a yeast infection?

I honestly do not know what a yeast infection is. I've read the symptoms, but have never had one. I finished my period almost a week ago; after my period I typically experience some itching. But this time it hasn't gone away. I haven't noticed any unusual discharge, but then again I'm not sure what is normal. Tonight when I showed it actually began hurting slightly. The itching is tolerable and comes and goes, but is definitely not normal for me and could become embarrassing if in public. I am not sexually active, so I am positive that it is not an STD. Any ideas? Thanks

Last edited by MizzMozart; 10-20-2005 at 09:14 PM.

Old 10-21-2005, 01:56 AM   #2
(female)

KSAS HB User
Re: Do I have a yeast infection?

Personally when I have a yeast infection it itches like crazy... lik to the point where I want to almost claw at myself. I find my discharge is thicker than usual too and kinda lumpy like cottage cheese. Hope this helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2005, 02:24 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

malibu82 HB User

Hi, yeah the itching could definitely be thrush, but if you don't have the "cottage cheese" discharge if makes me think that its not.

It could be a simple vaginal irritation. Have you been using a different soap, washing powder, bubble bath etc?

I would buy some vagisil cream for now, IF you are sure it isn't an STD and go to the doctors in a week or so if the cream hasn't soothed it.

Sometimes women do just get vaginal irritations, thats why they sell creams for your genital area.

Old 10-22-2005, 08:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User

This past year I have had 4 yeast infections. There was only one time I had the discharge and it was thick yellowish. The other times I just had some minor itching and no discharge. It wouldn't go away until I purchased some over the counter stuff. I think my yeast infections were on the outside only and not the inside so that is why I didn't get any discharge with the others.

Old 10-22-2005, 11:00 AM   #5
(female)

MizzMozart HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by besafe20
This past year I have had 4 yeast infections. There was only one time I had the discharge and it was thick yellowish. The other times I just had some minor itching and no discharge. It wouldn't go away until I purchased some over the counter stuff. I think my yeast infections were on the outside only and not the inside so that is why I didn't get any discharge with the others.

This sounds like my situation. Thank you everyone for your helpful input. I really appreciate it.

Closed Thread