It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2005, 03:45 AM   #1
(female)

eaker HB User
still bleeding 3 wks after uterine balloon ablation & tubal....?

I am new & I appolagize if this has already been discussed but I couldnt find it in any old posts.

anyhow, I had the balloon therapy/ablation & a tubal 3 wks ago yesterday. I am still bleeding. just wondering if anyone else has had this done & how long did you bleed? it is more than just discharge but not heavy heavy bleeding like I was having prior to getting this done. I figure I will give it to the end of the week & call my Dr. back & see how long to expect this. I am ready for it to be done already

thanks
eaker

Old 11-01-2005, 01:15 PM   #2
(female)

Mommyof3under4 HB User
Re: still bleeding 3 wks after uterine balloon ablation & tubal....?

My mother had several fibriod tumors, and had extremely heavy periods, and severe cramping. She had the ablation done, and just had light discharge for 1-2 days, and very very light periods afterwards. Everyone is different, I think her doctor did tell her that she may experience a light flow for 2-4 weeks, but she never did.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2005, 02:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lindsalou HB User

Hi there eaker,
Im due to have endometrial ablation done. Is that what youve had? (where they burn away the lining of the womb).
If so, id appreciate a little insight to the procedure if you dont mind sharing that.
Anyway, welcome to the boards.
Linds

Old 11-01-2005, 03:35 PM   #4
(female)

eaker HB User

lind,
it wasnt' bad. they put me under so I didnt' feel anything but was sore when I woke up. After: I was crampy & sore for about 2 days after. They gave me pain meds & that helped & only needed them for like the day of & the day after.

However, bear in mind I also had a tubal ligation at the same time & a D&C & a histeroscopy (sp) so I had a few things done at once as well as mine being laporoscopy. not sure if they do the laporoscopy thing if you are just getting the balloon therapy ablation.
Can't tell you much about it's success or not since I am still bleeding but will be happy to keep you posted.

eaker

Old 11-02-2005, 02:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lindsalou HB User

Thanks eaker, I hope your feeling a little better today.
I believe my ablation will be done via hysteroscopy (which ive had done before) Im just hoping it works.
Did they put you on any hormones prior to your surgery? Ive been takin progesterone and its messed my cycle up completely (ive eventually stopped bleeding after 18 days).
Take care of yourself and rest, rest, rest.
Keep posting.
Linds

Old 11-02-2005, 06:06 PM   #6
(female)

yehboo36 HB User

Hello! I had this procedure done about 2 years ago. I bled for maybe 5 days and then stopped. Although, the Dr. had told me that bleeding up to 3 weeks was possible. I think all women are different when it comes to this, but you might want to check with your doctor just to be sure. Good Luck!

Closed Thread