It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2005, 10:39 AM   #1
(female)

MizzMozart HB User
What if the string breaks?

I know alot of people who are all wondering: What do you do if the string to your tampon breaks, or comes loose from the tampon? Or what if you somehow forget you have one in, and try using another??

Old 11-08-2005, 11:11 AM   #2
(female)

I_love_lucy HB User
Re: What if the string breaks?

First of all don't panic. Then make sure the string isn't just stuck to you somewhere, because it is easy to miss. If it can't be found, you might want to squat, so your vagina is pressed down. Then put a finger up inside your vagina (vasaline or spit might help) and feel for the tampon or the string.. Take deep breaths and try to keep your muscles relaxed. The vagina is pretty small, really, so you if you take your time, you should be able to find the tampon and pull it out.

I don't know about putting another one on top of one...I would think that you would feel it and realize that you left one in there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2005, 05:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

The vagina isn't like a huge, deep, haunted tunnel . It's pretty small. If you just reach inside with one or two fingers, you can pull the tampon right out.

Last edited by Timber; 11-08-2005 at 05:50 PM.

Old 11-08-2005, 06:15 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

comeonnow HB User

It's my guess that the chances of the string tearing are next to nothing. In all my years of wearing tampon, I've never had that happen, and I've probably been using them for at least 30 years. I did, however, forget to take the last one out one time after I had my period. I even had sex several times after that yet with it in, and I didn't even know it. What gave me a clue to a problem was the odor that was coming from my vagina (not pleasant!). Right away I thought that I might have left a tampon up in there, so I had to go fishing around for it. If something like that does happen, just don't get all worked up about it; you'll be able to get it out. Just reach up in with your thumb and forefinger (use lube if necessary), take deep breaths to relax (it's really no big deal) and feel around for it. It took me a little while to get mine out, but then mine had gotten pushed up in their pretty far with my husband's penis. I did get it out though by myself, and I'm sure you'd be able to too if you'd run into that situation of having to go poking around up in there. Even on the slight chance that you wouldn't be able to get it out, there's always the doctor. I'm sure they've seen and heard it all. I told mine about an embarrassing problem last week when I was in to see him, and he said that that was nothing, that he doesn't think there's anything he hasn't heard his patients tell him over the years. So just when you think that you'd be going in for something that he's never seen, trust me, he has.

Old 11-10-2005, 12:51 AM   #5
(female)

alsaser HB User

i've had the string break like twice. i just had to grab it out...eeeew. i also put one in without realizing there was one already in. so i was wearing two w/o knowing it...and a virgin, dont know how i didnt feel that.
{removed}

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 11-10-2005 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Off Topic and language.

Closed Thread