It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2005, 12:09 PM   #1
(female)

InfamousOreo HB User
No symptoms after abortion?

Is it possible to feel absolutely FINE ( other than being fatigued) right after the procedure, and to have NO symptoms whatsoever the next day? I am starting to think that maybe something isn't right. I feel perfectly fine, but the nurses and doctors told me that I would be in pain. Am I just lucky and I am being paranoid? Or is there really something "wrong"?

Old 11-20-2005, 02:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lindsalou HB User
Re: No symptoms after abortion?

I had the procedure done many years ago (under GA), when i came round i was in pain, but the day after i too was absolutely fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2005, 12:36 PM   #3
(female)

staceelee_02 HB User

i too had one abt 2 years ago and the doctors told me i would feel pain like cramps and stuff but i felt great. i had no pain whatsoever. i think that it just depends on the person. everyone is different. have a good day

Old 04-10-2006, 12:54 AM   #4
(female)

infinity98 HB User
Unhappy Re: No symptoms after abortion?

I Am Pregnant And Abortion Is A Really Big Option Right Now For Me. I Am Afraid Of The After Effects Both Physically And Mentally. Any Help?

Old 04-20-2006, 05:31 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User

I had one two years ago and it wasn't so bad. I was knocked out for the whole thing so I don't remember much. Afterwards I was just groggy from the anesthesia but I was fine. I went to work the next day. I had the surgical one. I am not familiar with the medical one.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:24 AM   #6
(female)

infinity98 HB User

Thanks V_dubgurl I Have Finally Made A Decision To Do It. My Sister Is Going With Me. I Am So Nervous. My Appointment Is This Saturday At 12pm. I Will Let You All Know How It Goes For Me.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:19 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity98
Thanks V_dubgurl I Have Finally Made A Decision To Do It. My Sister Is Going With Me. I Am So Nervous. My Appointment Is This Saturday At 12pm. I Will Let You All Know How It Goes For Me.
infinity98,

Hang in there gal -- I'm so glad that there is the possibility still in this country to have an abortion. It's not an easy decision, but sometimes it's the best one at the time -- and YOU are the best judge of that. I had one about 25 years ago. I felt sad afterwards, but I never ever regretted having done it. As for the physical aspects, I recall that they gave me a shot or something so I wouldn't feel pain during the procedure. A nurse can hold your hand, or they may let your sister in during the procedure. Afterwards, they sent me home with one painkiller pill, which I took early in the morning when I woke up with pain, and then I was fine after that.

--Rheanna

Old 04-21-2006, 02:18 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User

Good luck and yes let us know how it goes. It is a very safe procedure these days. I know sometimes our nerves get the best of us. And yes I was sad afterwards but do I regret it No. It was the best decicion I could of made at the time.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:41 AM   #9
(female)

infinity98 HB User

Had The Procedure Done. Saturday I Went To The Clinic. There Were People In Front Of The Building Handing Out Papers Stating To Rethink Abortion. We They Called My Name I Went To The Back And There Were 10 More Girls Back There. They To My Blood, Blood Pressure,temperature, And Then They Did Ultrasound. The Nurse Told Me That I Was 7 And Half Weeks Pregnant. She Said Great You're Still Early And That Most Of The Other Girls Were 10 Weeks And Later. I Had To A Conseulor Next. She Was Nice, She Explained Everything To Me. Then She Told Me To Go Upstairs To The Next Floor Where I Would Recieve My Anxiety Pills And Pain Pill. I Took The Medicine And 5 Minutes Later They Called Me Into The Back Room. There Were Three People In The Room, The Doctor, Her Assistant, And Someone There To Comfort Me. It Really Didnt Hurt That Bad. Afterwards They Had Me Lay On A Bed And Put A Heating Pad On My Stomach For 30 Minutes. It Wasnt Until I Got Home That I Felt The Pain. It Felt Like Someone Was Cutting My Inside Up. I Couldn't Go To Work The Next Day. But Im At Work Tonight, I Feel Okay. Sometimes I Feel Pain In My Stomach And My Back. I Finished My Pain Medicine And Have To Return To The Clinic In Two Weeks For A Check Up. I Cried Really Bad The First Day. I Kept Saying That I Wish I Could Have Told The Baby I Was Sorry.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:16 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

infinity98,

We're all holding your hand, girl. We know that life sometimes presents us with the need to make a decision where NONE of the choices are happy ones. You chose one of the options at this point in your life. Feel sad and mourn that things couldn't be different.

When you are ready, you can move into the next phase of your life. My thoughts and sympathy are with you.

--Rheanna

Old 04-27-2006, 01:44 AM   #11
(female)

infinity98 HB User

thanks rheanna for that reply. I REALLY NEEDED TO HEAR THAT. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THE REGETTING A LITTLE BETTER NOW. MY BIGGEST PROBLEM NOW IS THE PAIN. I CALLED THE DOCTOR TODAY ABOUT IT. SHE TOLD ME THAT I NEEDED TO STAY OFF MY FEET MORE, KEEP HEAT ON MY STOMACH, TAKE IBPROFEN, AND TO GET PLENTY OF REST. I DID. I DIDNT TAKE THE IBPROFEN, BECAUSE IM ALLERGIC TO ASPRIN, I TOOK TYLENOL. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS WHEN ITS OKAY TO START USING TAMPONS AGAIN. I REALLY DONT LIKE USING PADS. I HAVENT HAD A LOT OF BLEEDING BUT PADS ARE UNCOMFORTABLE. I AM HAVING MY WEDDING RECEPTION SUNDAY TOO, I HOPE THAT I WONT BE IN A LOT OF PAIN. MY HUSBAND HAS REALLY BEEN THERE FOR ME SINCE I HAD THE ABORTION DONE. HE LEFT ME MAKE THE DECISION TO HAVE THE ABORTION. HE TOLD ME THAT IF I MADE THE DECISION TO KEEP IT, HE WOULD BE SUPPORTIVE, AND IF I HAD THE ABORTION HE WOULD BE SUPPORTIVE. HE DOESNT LEAVE ME BY MYSELF AT HOME TO INDURE THE PAIN ALONE, HE IS ALWAYS THERE COMFORTING ME. HE SLEEPS RIGHT BESIDE ME WHEN I LIE DOWN TO SLEEP AND HELPS OUT A WHOLE LOT. THE ONLY THING IS THAT HE IS NOT A VERY EMOTIONAL PERSON, HE DOESNT EXPRESS HIS FEELINGS WELL THROUGH WORDS. EVEN STILL I CAN READ HIS HEART WITH HIS TOUCH.

Old 04-27-2006, 04:38 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

infinity98,

It sounds like you have a very special man in your life. Some people express a lot of emotions and have a lot to say about things, but when someone really needs them, they are just not there. Your husband may not have a lot of words, but he is showing by his actions that he cares about you and supports you.

--Rheanna

Closed Thread