It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2005, 07:42 AM   #1
(female)

Shelby_36 HB User
tilted uterus-severe back pain

After 3 kids my dr has told me my uterus has tilted. It doesn't matter to me at this point if it causes infertility. However I have been increasingly having more pain and problems in the last few months. My dr doesn't seem to have a solution- she just says- they do that- as long as it doesn't stop you from day to day activites don't worry about it.

Here's what is happening ..I hope SOMEONE can help me.

I went from 28 day - no PMS- cycles all my life. to:
20 day cycles...spotting at 15 days-20 days with BM.
at 15 days I also get an excruiating back ache almost sciatic nerve like at times..in the hips as well. (I've been to a chiropractor he couldn't find anything)
At about day 20 I start a fairly regular cycle.. some light back pain...alittle more clotting than in the past.
At about the end of my 5 day cycle my back starts to hurt again..2-3 days after I stop my period it comes back for one day- heavy. then everything is fine for about 10 days before it all starts up again.

Right now it is bearly toleratable. My issue is it seems to get worse every month. Is this just my uterus pushing on my Bowels and spine? i can't find anything on the internet that says that is common. Or perhaps it is a fiberiod? I just had a full exam and blood work, and pap about a month ago and everything comes out squeaky clean.
Any idea at all? Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2005, 08:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User
Re: tilted uterus-severe back pain

My grandmother had a tilted uterus after she had my father. I know it id cause her pani and trouble her doctor suggested a hysterectomy. Of course that was 50 years ago... so I'm sure treatment may have changed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2005, 09:58 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Angela22F HB User

Question your gyn on this... as there are surgerical options to "fix" a tilted uterus. Sometimes after pregnancy the ligaments holding the uterus in place stretch, or lose their tension during pregnancy and the uterus can become tipped or retroverted - and a dr can go in and "tighten" these ligaments and return the uterus to the correct position.

Its funny how some people do not understand the pain and discomforts that can be caused by a tipped uterus. My doctor mentioned mine just in passing, and never even mentioned it could be causing all my pain. I had to research this and have learned alot. I plan on going back to a DIFF doc.

Just think.. the uterus is tipped backwards towards the back of the pelvis, it would have to cause alot of pressure on the bowel and back as it is not the "normal" position that it was meant to be in.

If your gyn won't help... seek the advice of a different one, and a different one again if need be, until you find one who will listen.

"My dr doesn't seem to have a solution- she just says- they do that- as long as it doesn't stop you from day to day activites don't worry about it." I can't believe a female doctor said this to you - she obviously does not have much experience with this.

Last edited by Angela22F; 12-15-2005 at 10:07 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Angela22F For This Useful Post:
vieira (11-27-2012)
Old 12-15-2005, 10:32 AM   #4
(female)

Shelby_36 HB User

The dr I go to for my exams is a family dr not a ob/gyn. If my pain worsens I'm going to ask her to refer me to an ob/gyn. It seems (to me) that something (uterus obviously) is back far enough that when it is close to my period any bm push and cause premature bleeding. The back pain is a tough one..becuase nothing seems to help it and it is enough days a month that I can't just say "I don't feel good" I have to push through it and it puts me in a really crabby mood. The shortened periods, weird bleeding..I can handle but the back pain is hard. The dr has acknowledged what it is but her response is typically "deal with it as long as you can -then we'll talk about treatment options"

Thanks for the info. I've heard there are ways to "put it back" so to speak. My babies were all full term.. a 9 lb13 oz a 7lb 13 oz and a 6 lb 8 oz so I'm sure they can do a doozy on a uterus.

Do they do that surgery by lapro. or is it a full open surgery? Whats recovery time like?

thanks.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User

You don't have to wait and see if your pain gets worse before getting a second opinion. YOu should be switching to a gyno wihether you had pain or not just because of your condition. A primary doctor is not equipped to provide you with all of your options regarding a condition like a tipped uterus. I'm very surprised that she did not refer you out as soon as she knew about it!!! I would definitely get in to see a gyno as soon as you possibly can. Before this has a chance to get even worse. Good luck! Keep up posted on what you decide to do!

Closed Thread