It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2005, 04:31 PM   #1
(female)

Naomi101 HB User
One breast larger than the other?

I recently went for a mammogram, which came back abnormal, and was called in for an ultrasound. Turned out that the tissue of the left breast is considerably more dense than the right, so they just wanted to make sure everything was OK. They seemed to be surprised that I had one breast (left) larger than the other, though. I thought this was fairly normal, esp. on the left side?

Does anyone else have one breast larger than the other? It's quite a difference on me - perhaps a full cup size in difference - and am already big busted. (34ddd on the right and possibly dddd on the left, or close to it.) Am I the only freak around here?!!

Old 12-20-2005, 05:14 PM   #2
(female)

MzPrincessReina HB User
Re: One breast larger than the other?

I have one larger then the other, a cup size also. Glad im not the only one out there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2005, 07:30 PM   #3
(female)

sissypop HB User

Yep, same here. I thought this was very common as well.

Old 12-21-2005, 01:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

starsofglass HB User

Same here Bugs me when shopping for bra's, they never fit well on both sides

Old 12-21-2005, 08:20 AM   #5
(female)

greenjppixie HB User

Ditto. My left is bigger. I don't think by a full cup, but enough to never have a godd fitting bra.

Old 12-21-2005, 11:06 AM   #6
(female)

Naomi101 HB User

You ladies are gems!! I feel so much better.

I agree about finding bras - if it fits my right side, the left is popping out. If it fits my left side, the right side is practically flying around in there.

One of you said your left was bigger as well. How about the rest of you?

Old 12-21-2005, 11:47 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User

My left is larger as well, a full cup size too! It has always been so annoying to me. I have to be careful of what I wear too because some shirts really emphasize it. Ugh! And I too am in the understanding that this is completely normal, common even!

Old 01-01-2006, 05:13 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Sari05 HB User
Talking Re: One breast larger than the other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaomiLedbetter
I recently went for a mammogram, which came back abnormal, and was called in for an ultrasound. Turned out that the tissue of the left breast is considerably more dense than the right, so they just wanted to make sure everything was OK. They seemed to be surprised that I had one breast (left) larger than the other, though. I thought this was fairly normal, esp. on the left side?

Does anyone else have one breast larger than the other? It's quite a difference on me - perhaps a full cup size in difference - and am already big busted. (34ddd on the right and possibly dddd on the left, or close to it.) Am I the only freak around here?!!
I have that problem too. My left breast is bigger than my right breast, and I have no idea why. No you are not the only one who is going through this, other women have it too. I have been told that it has something to do with your growth hormones, but I don't know if that is true or not.

Old 01-02-2006, 03:54 AM   #9
(female)

**SophieBee** HB User
Red face Re: One breast larger than the other?

OK I am freaking out. My RIGHT breast is a cup size larger than my left. I have noticed that only ladies are reporting of the left side being larger. Do you think I should see my doctor about this?

Old 01-02-2006, 04:01 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

starsofglass HB User

Are you left handed or right handed?

In any case, if your breasts have always been like this, it's no reason to be concerned! I'm sure there are lots of women who have a larger right breast too.

Old 01-02-2006, 12:08 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

summertyme HB User

My left breast is larger and heavier than my right breast because my picky son would only nurse off the left side. From the first time I nursed him moments after birth while I was still being sewed up, he only wanted the left side, even though I think the same stuff would be coming out of both sides. Until that point, I was balanced.

Old 01-04-2006, 06:21 PM   #12
(female)

**SophieBee** HB User

[QUOTE=starsofglass]Are you left handed or right handed?QUOTE]

right handed

Old 01-04-2006, 07:10 PM   #13
(female)

majikgirl2001 HB User

my right is also a cup size larger than the left. As for bras I wear a 38F from Fredricks of Hollywood, and they come with padding in them, so I take the padding out of the right side, and then voila! the left fits the same as the right, and it looks normal :-)

Old 01-05-2006, 07:59 AM   #14
(female)

maybebabee HB User

For me its the right, i always put it down to being right handed and using that arm more.

Closed Thread