It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2005, 10:58 PM   #1
(female)

Tamaralynn HB User
Question Strange fluttering in my upper left abdomen

Over the past couple of weeks I've experienced some very annoying twitching in my upper left abdomen, just under my ribcage. It doesn't hurt - but It seems to stay around for a few hours at a time (on and off)...

I've felt quite weak over the past week, and I felt as if I was going to pass out the last couple of times I went shopping. I just have this "not right" feeling I can't quite place my finger on.

I'm very fatigued in the mornings, like I barely slept at all - although I got 7+ hours sleep.

I've had some pretty serious heartburn over the past couple of months, but I have been watching very carefully what I eat, and it doesn't seem to be so bad now (was so bad at the point I was taking some sort of heartburn relief over the counter meds at least two to three times a day).

Anyone ever heard of this or have had something like it? I have gotten muscle spasms (charley horse etc) but they have never lasted but a few minutes.

Old 12-31-2005, 02:10 PM   #2
(female)

Casey2 HB User
Re: Strange fluttering in my upper left abdomen

Hi Tamaralynn,
I sometimes get that fluttery feeling below my ribs. I wake up in the night with it and also get it during the day. My stomach doctor knew just what I meant when I described it but didn't seem too concerned. I think it has to do with acid reflux or heartburn. I've been watching my diet and also take medication. I also feel tired most of the time. Could be the stress from dealing with all the stomach problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2005, 03:38 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

young momma HB User

Sounds like when I was about 5 months pregnant. Sorry, that was the first thing I thought of. It might just be gas trying to pass through the intestines. Is it painful sometimes?

Old 01-03-2006, 05:41 AM   #4
(female)

Tamaralynn HB User

Thanks for your replies.

It's not painful at all, but it does get intense enough that the pressure of the fluttering is uncomfortable. My best way to describe it is during pregnancy (as you said young mama) but I'm not, I just finished my period - and 1st trimester quickening starts just above the pubic bone.

Old 01-03-2006, 05:48 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Halls HB User

Hate to say this, but that is how I feel when I have gas. If you have heartburn sometimes than chances are it is gas or some type of gastro symptom.

Old 01-04-2006, 05:39 AM   #6
(female)

Tamaralynn HB User

I know what gas is and feels like (I've been pregnant twice). This is d*****ately not it- I don't pass any more gas than usual

Old 01-04-2006, 05:49 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamaralynn
I know what gas is and feels like (I've been pregnant twice). This is d*****ately not it- I don't pass any more gas than usual
You could have a mitral valve prolapse. I have it. It's nothing to worry about. Are you sure it's not your chest fluttering?? If it's your belly,then I dont know, but it sounds like you may be confusing the location with maybe your heart??? Just a thought...I know when mine flutters it feels like it's upper belly area that's why.

Melly

Closed Thread