It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2006, 11:05 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User
Sores in nose

WHAT ARE THESE? It seems like I get them when it's winter because of being drier in the house/outside. They hurt so bad and when you touch them the wrong way, it makes you want to sneeze. I have tried Neosporin, but since it's goopy, it makes my nose think snot is running and then I blow irritating the sores more.
Anyone have ideas? What are they? And what to use? THANKS!!!

Old 01-04-2006, 12:57 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

neflin HB User
Re: Sores in nose

Boy when you find out please tell me. I am going crazy with them. I have had a head and chest cold since before Christmas and my nose too is full of them. Wonder if it is a woman thing only??????????Thanks for letting me know that someone else has it. I have been using vasoline.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2006, 02:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User

I get them sometimes too and have used vaseline of lip medex to keep them from getting too dry (they hurt more when they are dry...). I have NO idea what they are either??????? I hope someone finds out!

Old 01-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User

Glad you all know what I am talking about (and dealing with)
I have tried breathing in a vaporizer, the Neosporin....I am about ready to go to the doc! I got over TWO sets on my right nostril and now I am getting one on my left! UGH!
I just did some reading up and they could be impetigo; which is VERY contagious-so if you are sticking things in your nose (the neosporin, tip of your finger, lip balm) make sure you wash it off good after each use. (HA-after each use of picking your nose!) One of the medications used is Bactroban, (an anti-staph antibiotic) and sometimes that doesn't even work.
The other thing could be folliculitis. It's caused (like impetigo) by a Staph infection, but responds better to anti-staph anitbiotics.
The other possibility (which now that I think of it; I have heard before) is "herpes of the nose." From what I have read, if the sores are flared up right now, we are supposed to see an ENT so they can properly diagnose the sores. YIPPEE!

Old 01-04-2006, 11:33 PM   #5
(female)

DontWannaBsick HB User
Unhappy Re: Sores in nose

WOW, I'm glad to hear it isn't just me. I have never heard anyone talk about these. My husband gets them so it isn't just women. We usually get them in relation to a cold and or sinus infection. Ours last 2-4 days and feel better when in the shower with all the steam.

Please let us know when and if you go to the doc.what he says they are and what treatment is. Thanks

Closed Thread