It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2006, 09:42 AM   #1
(female)

Peepers HB User
Pimple-like "bumps" on breasts

I don't know what (if anything) to think of this. Over the past few months, I've noticed now & then that one of the "bumps" that make up my areola will look just a tiny bit puffy... then if I gently squeeze it, a tiny amount of puss-like substance comes out. I guess it's similar to a pimple - however, the area doesn't turn red or tender like pimples do, it just gets a little puffy - and the "puss" that comes out is less liquidy than what comes out of a pimple. This is more solid. Sorry to be so graphic! Anyway... I find a bump like this about once a week, and it usually happens in the same areas - there's one area on each areola. Just wondering if anyone has any input on this. I'm going to my ob-gyn in a few weeks for my annual exam & will bring this to her attention, but thought I'd bring it up here on the board while I'm waiting for my appointment. Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2006, 02:14 PM   #2
(female)

krismark HB User
Re: Pimple-like "bumps" on breasts

I have a couple on each nipple. I believe that it is actually "milk" you are squeezing out. If you were pregnant it would be more liquidy and more of it would come out. It is just one of the milk ducts from your nipple but not quite in the right spot.

I have not had a doctor tell me this, but my husband who has a child says his ex had this too, which squirted when she was breast-feeding. Also, I have had other female friends confirm this.

I personally enjoy squeezing white stuff out of mine, but I am strange that way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2006, 12:01 PM   #3
(female)

Peepers HB User

Thanks so much for your reply, krismark. It's good to know I can stop worrying!

Old 01-13-2006, 12:23 PM   #4
(female)

nobodytotalkto HB User

Hi! I have large breasts and can confirm that these bumps are normal. I have a few at each nipple and was quite freaked out about it. I asked my GYN and she acted as if I was crazy for asking. She told me that they are very normal and that most women have them. Strange thing is, I've never seen another woman with them, say on TV. I don't know. I too wondered if it could be dried milk that never softens unless you are pregnant. Good luck to you.

Closed Thread