It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2006, 07:50 PM   #1

lil'momma HB User
pregnant or just weird period?

My husband and I had sex almost 3 wks. ago. I only had my period for 2 days and it stopped.(I've had my period for almost 20 yrs. and I have never had a only 2 day period, it usually last a whole week, a good 7 days. ) I took a hpt and it was negative. My period was really heavy and bright red. What do you all think? Does it sound like I could be pregnant or just having a strange period this month. I'm thinking about calling my doc. tomorrow, should I see my regular doc. or my ob/gyn? and should I try to see him now or wait a week or so? If I could be pregnant, have any of you bled and everything was fine? or had low hormones and it took a while to find out and everything fine? I'm starting to worry, I just want to know for sure.

Old 01-12-2006, 07:56 PM   #2
(female)

WhyIsThisMyLife HB User
Re: pregnant or just weird period?

I think everyone have heard enough stories of women who didn't realize they were pregnant, because they kept having "periods" to know that vaginal bleeding does not mean you are not pregnant. You may not be though. Three weeks may not be enough time for enough HCG to be measured by HPT's. I'd retest in a week and if its negative, I'd chalk it up to just a strange cycle this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil'momma
My husband and I had sex almost 3 wks. ago. I only had my period for 2 days and it stopped.(I've had my period for almost 20 yrs. and I have never had a only 2 day period, it usually last a whole week, a good 7 days. ) I took a hpt and it was negative. My period was really heavy and bright red. What do you all think? Does it sound like I could be pregnant or just having a strange period this month. I'm thinking about calling my doc. tomorrow, should I see my regular doc. or my ob/gyn? and should I try to see him now or wait a week or so? If I could be pregnant, have any of you bled and everything was fine? or had low hormones and it took a while to find out and everything fine? I'm starting to worry, I just want to know for sure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2006, 02:58 PM   #3

lil'momma HB User

My period just started again. AARGGG! what the? Had period for 2 days and then it stopped for a day and then the next day I start again but this time it is light. I called the dr. office and spoke with the nurse today. She told me I could possibly be pregnant and my body could just be confused and not know what's going on yet. She told me I could come in and take a test at anytime and if I would rather wait another week or a few days that would be fine. Has this happened to anyone? I'm really anxious to find out finally for sure but I think I will wait another week, maybe it could be too soon. I don't know, I don't even feel pregnant except for the funny feeling I had the 1st time around my belly button. Last time it felt like tingling and pulling, this time if feels like hardening around my belly button, more like *****s instead of tingling though.

Old 01-14-2006, 05:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User

well.....possible that you could be pg and that its too early for the tests to detect. however........it could also be your body changing. I started my period when I was 13...I am now 33. With all years, (except the last 2 years).....I would bleed moderately for day 1 and day 2....nothing at all on day 3...resume on days 4-6. BUT, a couple of years ago, it changed....and is different each month. For example, this month, I bled day 1,2 (lightly) and day 3...moderately.....nothing at all on day 4, and 5 and just a spot on day 6. Some months I have a much better flow....on the high end of moderate, some months, just lightly moderate.....some months, I bleed all 6 days, some months, I do skip my 3rd day, and resume on 4th, and that will be the end. So, as you get older, your body will possibly change...so, if you arent pg...thats probably all that is happening.

Old 01-14-2006, 06:17 AM   #5

lil'momma HB User

Hi ladybug, It could possibly be that to. If it is though, out of all mths. it would have to be this one. I looked on a chart and I was probably really fertile around the time we bd, we always use protection but just didn't this time and then a few days after that we used a condom and it came off. LOL.

Old 01-14-2006, 06:19 AM   #6

lil'momma HB User

oops forgot, today is day #4 and it stopped again.

Closed Thread