It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2006, 12:03 AM   #1
(female)

sherbear88 HB User
Arrow What is thissss??!! Help!

Since last year, off and on...I'll get really irritated on the inside of my labia.
Hoping it's nothing and that it will go away...I haven't checked in on it. I've been scared of what it could be.I first noticed this last August, when I had sex and remember it hurting really bad..not on the inside...but on the outside like my labia were raw, and irritable.

I started having a unusual discharge. It was white-ish...but not clumpy or anything...really liquidy-like, and then sometimes creamy-like ...I looked in the mirror to see what was causing the irritation. I felt around and found some tiny(I'm talking barely visible) bumps...on the inside of my labia.I don't know what they are...I've looked up information on stds, and it doesn't match up to anything. All the signs match up to bacterial vaginosis. I can't be sure though....I will feel better after time goes by...but I'll notice it acting up again... Last Tuesday, I went for a PAP smear...I am so freaking out ...I hope to god it's not a std. I know that BV can't be passed to my partner...from what I read, but at the same time...I can't be conclusive that it really is BV. I am really embarassed about it, like...I don't want my bf to know...I'm scared he'll be disgusted with me.

Not to mention, I haven't had my perod since last october...and I had my blood drawn to see if I was pregnant, and it was negative. So..my periods are really irregular. I don't know if somehow that could match up to what's going on right now. The pain isn't unbearable..it's just when I pee, or have sex that it burns from time-to-time. What I've been doing is just waiting it out...hoping it'll get better..I'll soon find out what's up down there...I am so scared though, I don't wanna lose my boyfriend over something like this.

Has anyone experienced similar symptons? It doesn't itch...it just burns where the bumps are...I am glad that I finally went to get a pap smear though... I hope what I have is treatable...

Last edited by sherbear88; 01-15-2006 at 12:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2006, 05:00 AM   #2
(female)

laurielle HB User
Re: What is thissss??!! Help!

Hiya!
Are the little bumps like a whitish colour?If you can squeeze them and puss comes out,it what's my friend had.She went to get it checked and the doctor said it's perfectly normal.As for the itching/burning it could be either thrush or cystitas (like a wee infection).If I were you i'd just get to the doctors because it may be an STI.

Good luck!

Old 01-16-2006, 05:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User

Could it be vaginal warts.........that is an STD. Are you sure you have BV? You say you have all the symptoms. The difference between BV and a yeast infections is..............BV has a foul smell......and a more liquidy discharge. Where a yeast infection has thicker white discharge and usually itching and burning. It definately sounds like you have something?? I wouldnt worry so much about an infection.....that is treatable and happen's to everyone occasionally. Could you have gotten an STD from your partner? Did you use a condom? The warts are treatable too............but im not sure if they come back?????

Old 01-17-2006, 06:02 PM   #4
(female)

sherbear88 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurielle
Hiya!
Are the little bumps like a whitish colour?If you can squeeze them and puss comes out,it what's my friend had.She went to get it checked and the doctor said it's perfectly normal.As for the itching/burning it could be either thrush or cystitas (like a wee infection).If I were you i'd just get to the doctors because it may be an STI.

Good luck!
The little bumps are the same color as my labia...not white..and they're barely noticable. They're not burning anymore...I'm not sure what's wrong. I talked to my mom about it, and she says I'll go get everything tested for any possible stds.

Old 01-17-2006, 06:06 PM   #5
(female)

sherbear88 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy-duke77
Could it be vaginal warts.........that is an STD. Are you sure you have BV? You say you have all the symptoms. The difference between BV and a yeast infections is..............BV has a foul smell......and a more liquidy discharge. Where a yeast infection has thicker white discharge and usually itching and burning. It definately sounds like you have something?? I wouldnt worry so much about an infection.....that is treatable and happen's to everyone occasionally. Could you have gotten an STD from your partner? Did you use a condom? The warts are treatable too............but im not sure if they come back?????
They don't even look like warts, but maybe it is. I do have all the symptons, including a foul older, gross to say but it was kinda "fishy" but, like..I normally have no odor at all. I had pap smear on last Tuesday, however....the results came back normal. I still have to go get tested since I'm a lil worried. It's been a lil itchy down there...but the burning stopped. I'm not sure why...maybe I got irritated when I had sex on Saturday...but I have this happen off and on some months... The discharge is whitish.. it seems like it's normal now. Although a couple weeks ago it was really watery...I don't know if maybe I just have some kind of imbalance and it's causing all this...

Last edited by sherbear88; 01-17-2006 at 06:08 PM.

Closed Thread