It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2006, 09:39 AM   #1
(female)

scooby coo HB User
Smile Calling All Ployp Members Help I Need Your Advice

Hi ladys thanks for taking the time to read this ,I would really appreciate any advice on this matter .I had a small ployp diagnosed last year July and am waiting to have it taken out .For a few weeks I have been experiencing cramps like period pains and upon a interal by my G.P was told my womb felt bulky she sent me for a pregnancy test which turned out to be negative and I m giong back to see her on Tuesday but Im really worried in case the ployp has grown I also sometimes have a sharp pain just inside my vagina on the left side .I also suffer from overlation syndrome ,a sight prolapes of my cervix and heavy periods with lots of clots .......basically my womb is falling apart .It would be nice to know of other ladys who are members of the ployp gang ,thanks for any replies the infomation advalible re ployps in Engalnd is rubbish and I don,t know of anyone else with polyps other than one who had ployps for two years and had them removed to find out they were pre cancer. love from wet cold englandxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 01-15-2006, 06:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunnydaze1 HB User
Re: Calling All Ployp Members Help I Need Your Advice

Well, I'm a member of the polyp gang! Yes, polyps can make your periods unbearable. I've had two D&C's in the past 10 years to remove numerous, and I mean, numerous polyps. Heavy bleeding, clotting, the works...good news is that the D&C takes care of me for about 5 years. I'm 50 years old now and hoping I won't be still having periods in another five years.

Mine were never cancerous, and it's rare that the polyps ever are, but it's best to have them removed and sent to pathology to be sure of the diagnosis.

If you need a D&C, don't worry, it's a piece of cake. Slight cramping for the day but everything is fine the next. Best of luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2006, 12:32 PM   #3
(female)

scooby coo HB User
Smile Re: Calling All Ployp Members Help I Need Your Advice

Thanks for your reply its nice to know I,m not the only one!! I was wondering could you tell me if you have ever had a polyp grow? I ask this as the doctor told me I had a bulky womb .Iam waiting to have a scan to find out what it is,but keep worring.I am going to have a D&C in May to remove the polyp.It can,t come soon enough as far as I,m concered .Many thanks Julie xx

Closed Thread