It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2006, 01:27 PM   #1
(female)

threethings HB User
pain when urinating - what could be the cause?

ok..i just typed up a huge list of what has been going on with me...but i hit the wrong button and it's gone.
anyway...i'll just ask this one question and elaborate if i have to.
i've had a bunch of issues with pain, intestinal inflammation, etc over the last few months. the pain is not constant....it seems to come and go (had it in oct, then again in dec). anyway....that pain is separate. now....i have something new....i have pain in either my bladder or uterus when i have to urinate badly. when urinating my bladder hurts a bit...not burning...sort of like a *****ing or slight stabbing. i was constipated for a few days and i'm not sure if that could've caused some pressure or if i could possibly have something else (a cyst? endo?).
also....can endo cause inflammation of the small bowel?? sorry..i've been to so many doctors....i'm broke and out of time at work. i've had cat scans for kidney stones, etc. i've had blood tests, urine tests, etc. anyone have similar symptoms ever?
quick background - i had a "flare up" from taking zithromax back in oct. i had pain for 3 weeks with diarrhea. in dec i had vomiting, fever, and sever pain in the folds of my legs and thighs...then pain went above my belly button. had a cat scan and that showed the inflamed small bowel. just 2 days go i got the bladder or uterus feeling (can't tell where it's coming from). i'm getting my period in 5 days.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2006, 01:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Re: pain when urinating - what could be the cause?

Yes you could have a cyst on your ovary. That would happen to me when I would have a massive cysts. The pain could be very severe to where I would have to hold onto something when I went to the bathroom.

You can also have an Endo issue as well. And yes, it can cause bowel problems. I have been there did that !!

Old 01-20-2006, 01:53 PM   #3
(female)

threethings HB User

the pain is never concentrated on one side either..it's always in the middle...or in both of my sides (above the hip bones)...down both legs...if it was a cyst...could this happen? or would pain be on one side?

also...could i just be having IBS issues and this is not related to my reproductive organs at all?

Old 01-20-2006, 03:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

I know when I had the urinating pain with my cyst it would be concen trated on the side. of the massive cyst.
Yes it could be IBS issues that is causing pain, but also look into Cystitis.

Old 01-20-2006, 03:28 PM   #5
(female)

threethings HB User

hmm....that's true too....cystitis. ugh. thanks for your input. i appreciate it because i'm trying to think of everything. i've been to the Uro, the Gyn, my GP, the gastro, etc. i've been to the ER as well. i've had 3 normal urine cultures. no burning and no ugency. just a strange pain.....almost like a muscle pull when i have to go to the bathroom (esp after holding it too long). it also feels inflamed in the bladder area (but i guess my colon could be causing this sensation as well). man..i'm telling you...it's such a pain when you have pain!

Old 01-20-2006, 03:35 PM   #6
(female)

threethings HB User

here's another thing....the pain / pressure is mostly noticable about 7 days before my period. now...i don't know if this is because my reproductive organs are inflamed and if my intestines inflame...then everything presses on my bladder? i don't know. i do know that i've been trying to figure this out for months...and i'm broke from all these doctors visits. so far all i know is i had strange inflammation in the small bowel (shown on the ct scan) and IBS. i'm on the BC pill...thinking about going off. sometimes i swear all of this is hormonal!

Closed Thread