It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2006, 12:25 AM   #1

Ranna HB User
swollen lymph node with menstral cycle

Hi there. I am really hoping that someone can give me ANY advice.
I have one lymph node on the side of my neck that never went down when I was very sick at the age of 7. Three doctors said this is fine, not to worry.
Three more showed up this year on the side of my neck, didn't go away, doctor said not to worry, they are small.
At that time I did have another painfull one under my arm. He told me to come back if it wasn't gone in a month.
It wasn't the same size, but nonetheless, still there.
Went back, don't worry, take some herbal remedies.
It went down to less then a cm.
I noticed that it would swell about once a month.
Then realized it is 3-4 days before my period, then goes away before my period is over. This is about the third month I can think that is related to my cycle. The first time I noticed it was swollen was 7 months ago.
I can not find anything that would cause this.
I've been told it is a lymph node.
It does go away for 3 weeks.
And it does hurt. A lot. It is moveable and soft.

Anyone know what this is, or, how serious? I know I should probably go to the doctor, but I am up late at night stressing out for now!

Thank you so much for any input,
Ranna

Last edited by Ranna; 01-25-2006 at 12:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2006, 06:09 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Angela22F HB User
Re: swollen lymph node with menstral cycle

Hmm, I have no idea, but I think you should seek another medical opinion. Is it possible it is a staph infection? The only other thing I can think of that would cause constant swollen lymph nodes is fibromyalgia... but that has a LOT more symptoms to go with it. And I would have no idea as to why it would coincide with your monthly cycle.

I hope someone else comes back with a better response for you. I too have a constant swollen lymph node(for over 2 years now), in my neck, but only on my right side, and my ENT shrugged it off as nothing, even though it inflames at least twice a month to a very painful large lump, so I feel for you - and wanted to bump up your thread

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2006, 06:39 AM   #3
(female)

jblakney HB User

I have one on the back of my neck that just showed up one day as well as my armpit. I went and saw a surgon for mine. He didn't fool with the one on my neck but I had him cut the one in my armpit out. The one on my neck doesn't hurt but the one in my arm-pit did. Ecspecially when I got ready to start my period. I don't think you should have anything to worry about. The one on my neck goes down but about 2 to 5 days before I start it swells back up. The one in my arm-pit ended up being extra breast tissue and the reason it would get sore was because I have fiber cystic breast. If it would make you feel better go and see a surgon. That is what I did because my family doctor told me it was nothing but would refer just to put me at ease.

Old 01-25-2006, 01:00 PM   #4

Ranna HB User

Thank you both for your replies. I am going to the doctor tonight, and will ask to have a biopsy not matter what they say.
I know that when I took:
lymhosot (in herbal or health food stores)
it seemed to shrink them quite a bit, and the one in my armpit does get as huge as it did months ago.
Thanks again,
Ranna

Just wanted to add that I just got back from the doctor. Had a really great doctor who really took his time and said that it is NOT a lymph node, (as the two previous doctors had said) but a cyst. He said he is not concerned at all, and if they aspirated it, it would more then likely just come back. He said that if it changes at all, or I just can't sleep at night worry about it, then come back and find out what it is, but he said at this point, there is no reason.
Whew! He said none of my lymph nodes under my armpit are swollen.

Last edited by Ranna; 01-25-2006 at 11:27 PM.

Closed Thread