It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2006, 03:42 PM   #1

SOUTHERN DIVA HB User
Bleeding..SCARED!!! Please anyone!

Hi yall,I am really kind scared. I am 44,excellent health except very bad endometriosis. I recently lost 40 lbs.,also started a very intense exercise program. I have always had very regular 26 day cycles.Last Wed night after running a few miles,I had lower abdominal pain,I passed it off as just my regular endo pain I am use to. Then I did 50 ab crunches andafterwards I was hurting very bad in lower rt.side near ovary.The next morning I woke up and was bleeding pretty heavy-like period would be but it was only day 14..it continued all day.On Friday I called my gyno,they said it would be the diet,exercise,perimenopause,endometriosi o/hormones or also stress related because we had just found out that day(when the bleeding started) we were being transferred to another state-big shock to my body! We,,here it is 5 days later and I am still bleeding.I called my dr today and literally had to beg for an apt for ths coming Friday.They just act like I am making a big deal out of something,but maybe I am,just scared because this has never happened to me before..I am scared,have any of yall ever had something like this happen? Thanks yall

Old 02-13-2006, 06:40 PM   #2
(female)

linda36 HB User
Re: Bleeding..SCARED!!! Please anyone!

Hi - if it makes you feel any better I started an intense exercise program a few months ago and my periods which used to be regular or now all over the place. I have menstrual-like cramps and nausea even when I don't have my period sometimes. I have an appointment with the doctor next month but from what I've read intense exercise can mess up your hormone levels and mess up your periods and cause some between-period bleeding .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread