It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2006, 02:49 PM   #1
(female)

NeoApsara HB User
Can condoms cause infections?

Yeah, I was diagnosed with vaginal strep or something on January 4th I believe. I took the anti-biotics which took care of it. Of course, the anti-biotics gave me a yeast infection which I then had to treat with a one-day thing, and I did. It appeared to go away.

But now I feel like I may have a yeast infection though this is milder than both the strep and the yeast infection the anti-biotics gave me (so far, of course. Also I still don't have any thick, cottage cheese discharge I always hear of) and have been having sex in the time between the original infection seemed to be cured and having what I do now. Now I was told that something could trigger the vaginal strep and I had wondered if it was the kind of condom we started using (I seemed to only get after we switched) and if it is maybe why I'm feeling what it is I have now. Or could it be an effect of BC pills? I'm still on my first ever pack of that.

Anyway I just wanted to know if anybody had any idea. I suppose the yeast infection treatment possibly didn't suffice. It could be anything, but none of this ever happened until we switched condoms.

Can anybody help?

Last edited by NeoApsara; 02-15-2006 at 02:58 PM.

Old 02-15-2006, 07:32 PM   #2
(female)

pams37 HB User
Re: Can condoms cause infections?

Helllo I know condoms give me yeast infections.
I have to use the very very expensive condoms.
It cost like 20 dollars for 5 condoms.Yep darn expensive.
But it's a pain getting yeast infections every time.
That's alll I know about infections.
I hope some-one else can help you.
Pamela

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread