It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2006, 12:06 PM   #1
(female)

nycgirl25 HB User
Talking Uplift Surgical Procedure

…I am doing this post because when I was looking for feedback no one had actually had this procedure done, so I figure that I would post so that if anyone is curious they can look onto my experience…I had always known that I had a retroverted uterus and that this was the reason why I had painful sex and UTI’s all the time, so when I started seeing a new GYN who specialized in the UPLIFT procedure I was immediately interested , however it took me a while to make the decision bc I wanted to research the procedure, I {removed}read about the technique and I also spoke with a patient who had the procedure done. I was finally convinced and I had the procedure done this past February 16th, the surgery was under general anesthesia and I was in and out of the operating room within 2 hours. Immediately post-surgery I felt as if I had really bad cramps and the nurse gave me Percoset which made me feel much much better, I also had some bleeding. I went home that same day with mild discomfort however the first night was very uncomfortable but I had drugs and they did help. I was a bit uncomfortable the next 2 or 3 days, with very little bleeding but by the 4th day I felt much much better and actually managed to get laundry done, went to get my post up on day 7 and the doctor showed me pictures of what she had done and there was definitely a HUGE difference. And the best part was that I felt nothing when I was being checked (in all of my previous exams I would always be uncomfortable bc I would feel pain) it was very nice to not feel that. It has been a week and a half since surgery and I feel pretty good, I am pain-free for the most part except that I swell a bit as they day goes on and I have a few mild pain flare-ups once or twice a day but nothing that can not be handled, the doctor said it takes about a month for full recover. I also have 3 very tiny incisions, once below my belly button and the other two in each side of my lower abdomen, they are less that half and inch and barely noticeable. So all in all I believe that it was definitely worth it

Last edited by Moderator BAC; 02-28-2006 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Do not post websites without Moderator 1's approval. Read and follow our rules!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2006, 06:07 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Angela22F HB User
Re: Uplift Surgical Procedure

Thank you for your story. It is very reassuring. I too am looking at getting this procedure done, but it seems not many people here where I am (Newfoundland, Canada) have much experience with it. I believe it was from you that I learned it even existed and I too researched it {removed}.

You had a laparoscopic (sp?) procedure I am assuming... and it seems the recovery time is not that long. How long do you figure you will be off work? What precautions has the doctor given you? In regards to sexual activity ( wait? ), no heavy lifting? What were the possible complications your doctor discussed with you? Did you bring it up to your doctor? Or did he suggest it to you?

To me it seems like a very worth while adventure, and your story helps alot Again, thank you.

Last edited by Moderator BAC; 02-28-2006 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Do not post websites without Moderator 1's approval. Read and follow our rules!

Old 02-28-2006, 09:36 AM   #3
(female)

nycgirl25 HB User
Re: Uplift Surgical Procedure

Hi Angela,
To answer your questions, yes I did have a laparoscopic procedure I had the surgery on Thursday the 16th of February and returned to work yesterday the 27th, so I was off for a bit over a week. The doctor told me no heavy lifting, working out, use of tampons douching, etc for the first week, at my post-op she said I could work out in about another 2 weeks ( about a month in all from the time of surgery) and that I can resume sexual activity a month after surgery but that if i felt okay and comfortable before the month was up that is was okay. The possible complications that she told me off was discomfort caused by the permanent suture, in which case they remove ( but i feel fine) and that when i have a child the uterus can go back to its retroverted state. That was it, I always complained to her about it and she always told me that she specialized in the procedure and that if i ever wanted to do it she would give me all of the information so that she could do the procedure. I am gald that i did it.

Last edited by Moderator BAC; 02-28-2006 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Removed Quote due to posting violation

Closed Thread