It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2006, 02:00 PM   #1
(female)

Kiyuri07 HB User
Exclamation A mysterious bump.. down there. Plz help.

A few weeks ago, while whipeing down there, I felt what seemed like a small bump. It's on my anus.. it doesn't cause any pain or discomfort. Well, the other day I felt to see if it was still there & I couldn't feel it. But after feeling around for a few seconds, I felt it.. as if it just got bigger. It's strange.. but I'm thinking that when I whipe (which I do pretty hard for some reason..) I may cause some discomfort and irritate it or something which makes the little bump. I'm not sure, but it's kinda got me worried.. just because I have no idea what it is. I'm a 20yo female by the way.

Anyone have any idea what this could be?? I'd love some advice or suggestions.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User
Re: A mysterious bump.. down there. Plz help.

My first guess would be a hemorrhoid, but they are usually painful. Since yours is not painful could it be some sort of cyst or wart?

If it does not go away, you could always schedule a gyne visit for a regular exam and then ask the doctor to check out this bump. You are already spread eagle and it is in the general region, so I would think that this would be less embarrassing.

I would give it several weeks (unless it is getting larger) before going to the doctor. Things have a way of going away if you give it time. But of course if you are stressing over it, peace of mind is priceless, so head on to the doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
(female)

Kiyuri07 HB User

Thanks for your advice. I'll probably give it a few weeks, since I'm very very uncomfy about going to see a doctor about this. It will probably take a lot for me to actually let a doctor look at it. :|

If it is a cyst or wart?.. how can I tell? I'm thinking about asking my boyfriend look at it, just to see what it actually looks like. It's totally painless, and seems to only show when it's touched or when I wipe. :| I keep thinking its a tumor or something.. eek!

Old 03-08-2006, 03:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User

Doctors have seen really, really, really, REALLY disgusting things
and a bump, no matter where it is on the body, cannot be as embarrassing as any of the nasty things doctors have seen.

They see such gross things as a uterus, flipped inside out, sticking out of vaginas. Yes, that's a real condition. And a bump on your anus is nothing to be embarrassed about when it comes to showing a professional.

However, showing a bump on such a sexual part of your body such as your butt, to your boyfriend is risky. He might associate it with genital warts and think you're unfaithful or have STDs. Or, most likely, he'll say "I don't know, go to your doctor." In either case, the doctor is the best bet cause while your dr. won't be disgusted by a bump, your boyfriend could very well be.

Old 03-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #5
(female)

Kiyuri07 HB User

Nah, my boyfriend already knows about it. We've been together for 8 years, and live together with my young siblings. He's with me 24/7, he would never think of me cheating or it being something nasty. I'm 20, and still a virgin, which is why I know it's nothing 'sexual' & whatnot. I still feel very uncomfortable seeing a doctor about this. Is there any way I could find information about this? Maybe online or something. I just wanna know why a bump would show up there all of a sudden. :|

Old 03-11-2006, 09:09 AM   #6
(female)

Kiyuri07 HB User

Ok, I just found out something new about this little bump. I think the reason why I can never feel it when I try to look for it is that it only shows when I use the bathroom. (#2).. I'm not sure if it's up in there, and comes out when I use the bathroom or what. I guess the muscle tightens has something to do with it? This is so weird. I remember a month or two ago, every once in a while, while wiping they'd be a little spot of blood on the toilet paper. But that hasn't happened in awhile. Could it be hemrroids (sp?) - even though it's totally painless.

Old 03-11-2006, 11:16 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mom22greatkids HB User

Sounds like hemorrhoids. Yes, they could be painless at times.

Old 03-11-2006, 09:39 PM   #8
(female)

Quakes99 HB User

Do you think it could be a pimple? They come and go and are irritated. They go everywhere?

Old 03-18-2006, 02:55 PM   #9
(female)

Kiyuri07 HB User

No, I don't think it's a pimple.. doesn't really feel like one & if it was.. I'm sure it would hurt.

This bump only shows when I do #2. I'm sure the tightening of muscles down there have some sort of reason why the bump is showing. Does this sound like a hemrroid? If so, what can I do about it?

Old 03-18-2006, 04:08 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User

It sounds like a hemorrhoid to me. Does it ever cause you pain or itching? I have a hemorrhoid and it sticks out sometimes, even when it isn't itching or hurting. When it bothers me, I use Preparation H and it feels better right away. A lot of women get these when they have babies...but they can be caused by constipation too. They are pretty harmless unless they cause too much pain or bleed a lot. If they bleed just a little (like just a tiny bit on the toilet paper), it's probably nothing to worry about. If it gets worse though, I would go to the doctor. Don't be embarrassed, just tell the doc what you told us. Us women have to talk to our doctors about all kinds of embarrassing things...we just get used to it after awhile.

Old 03-21-2006, 05:34 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

katkat HB User

it could be a skin tag also..sometimes people get them along with hemorrhoids

Old 07-23-2008, 12:24 PM   #12
(male)

newuser2008 HB User

Did you ever get checked out?

Also, you are only 20, but have been with your b/f for 8 years? Since you were 12???? How old is he? Was this relationship "arranged"?

Closed Thread