It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2006, 10:40 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

kerri0500 HB User
left sided pain during period

I have a question...do any of you experience left sided lower abdominal pain during your period? It is like beside the hip bone I guess you could say. Today is the first day of my period. It gets worse when I sneeze. I know it is not a hernia, as I had hernia repair last year and was checked on both sides for any weaknesses. Please let me knwo! It is driving me nuts!

Old 03-29-2006, 10:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User
Re: left sided pain during period

This has been my problem for over a year, lower left pain, but mine started to be a problem on a daily basis instead of just during my period. I was diagnosed with endometriosis and had a hysterectomy in January, but honestly, I still have this same pain. My next step will be to get a colonoscopy. If everything comes out fine...I'm sure they will tell me I have IBS or some other disease like Fibromyalgia that they don't know what causes it or how to cure it...oh, I've already been told it could be in my head and maybe psychotherapy would help. That really made me angry. I will keep trying to find out what is causing the pain, but I wanted to tell you that there are so many things that could cause it, that you just have to start ruling out things one by one. Start with getting a checkup and tell your doctor what is happening. Maybe you can be helped with medication.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread