It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2006, 11:07 AM   #1
(female)

Elastigirl HB User
Urinating from the vagina

I am urinating only from the vagina and only when i have the urge to urinate (i am positive it is from the vagina and not the urethra)
I'm 20, have never had surgery or have been pregnant. I went to see a doctor and she found no fistula.
Does anyone know what could be wrong with me?

Old 04-03-2006, 03:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User
Re: Urinating from the vagina

How do you know you are urinating from the vagina and not urethra? Hmmm, i guess i dont understand what you are asking??????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2006, 11:49 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

magic8-ball HB User
Re: Urinating from the vagina

Put a tampon in before urinating and see if it still happens as you describe.

Has this always been the case, or do you think there's something new going on. Unless you've had surgery or a delivery, it would be extremely unlikely that you could develop a fistula at your age. If it has always happened, I suppose you could have some sort of birth defect between your urethra and vagina. This could be so tiny the doctor can't see it.
However, if you had such a defect, urine would CONSTANTLY dribble from your vagina--we don't have the mechanism to "hold" it as would normally happen.
So I doubt it, but try the tampon trick and see if you can still urinate when you try. With a tampon in, it would be very, very hard--the flow would be much slower and irregular, not like normal urination.

Oh, just had another thought. You can get a drug over the counter--called AzoStandard or something similar. You take it if you have a UTI, a pharmacist would know if its called something different. It stains your urine a deep orange. If you took these, then put the tampon in and urinated, you'd have your answer then and there. The whole tampon would be bright orange.

Last edited by magic8-ball; 04-07-2006 at 11:51 AM.

Closed Thread