It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2006, 02:49 PM   #1
(female)

BrandyRena HB User
Strange period, bright red one week, dark brown about 10 days later.

Hello, I am starting to get very worried about my period. I got my regular period on March 9 for about 4-5 days. That is normal for me. Then on March 24, I got my period again, but it was bright red and just seemed really different to me. That lasted about 4 days as well, but it wasn't in the same pattern a regular period is. Just lots of bleeding. Then yesterday ( April 6 ) -- the day my period was suppose to come, I starting spotting dark brown. I figured by today it would be normal but it's not. I wore a pad today so I could moniter it better and it is still dark brown ( almost a black ) and really thick. I have been sexually actie without protection ( we are not trying to get pregnant, just not trying not to ) Could the march 24th blood be a miscarrage? Is the brown normal? Thanks to all who comment.

Old 04-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #2
(female)

flowerlii HB User
Re: Strange period, bright red one week, dark brown about 10 days later.

Since this is not normal for you, something is probably going on, and I think a doctor could tell by hormone levels whether it was a miscarriage. I hope it wasn't, but if you do go to the doctor, for peace of mind, you might mention you are trying to get pregnant and ask if there are any tests he/she feels would be good to run (to make sure your iron levels are good, etc.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2006, 11:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

I am currently getting treated to correct my hormone balance. My periods where all over the place like your are and i'd get variations of colour and bleeding throught the month. In the end i was virtually spotting from one period to the next and i didn't know if my periods where starting or finishing.

I've had an ultrasound and blood tests among other things and everything appears normal so it can only be my hormones. A naturopath has made up a mixture which contains chasteberry in it which has been known as a hormone balancer from ancient times. Unfortunately birth control pills and later on when i was attempting to fall pregnant and put on fertility pills basically ruined my monthly cycle. If i'd known then what i know now i'd never have taken any of the pills, but at the time you think you are doing the right thing b/c a doctor is prescribing it to you.

If i were you i'd get a total check up to rule out anything serious first. From reading messages on these boards a lot of women seem to have problems with their monthly cycles for some reason or other.

Old 04-09-2006, 07:43 AM   #4
(female)

BrandyRena HB User

Thank you both.
Just an update, I went to my doctor yesterday and she said that there is a good chance I could be pregnant. ( My spotting stopped yesterday ) I took a home test and it said negative. She told me to wait at least 10 days after my "missed" period, ( my one day of spotting is apparantly a missed period ) to rule out a false negative or go in for a blood test. With my previous pregnancy I had to have a blood test done, even at 2 months! I have been really tired and a little nauseous. I have also been emotional. I almost started crying in the line at Wal-Mart for no reason. That's when I decided to get a home test and make an appointment. If I am not pregnant, she is going to check and see if I have a cervical infection. I am hoping I am pregnant, however this wait just might kill me

Oh and just a quick question, what are your experiences with false negatives on cheap store brand pregnancy tests? I figured they would all be the same so I got the cheapest but a friend told me that they could be more likely to have a false result.

Old 04-10-2006, 03:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

I think i replied to another message somewhere on this board about pregnancy test kits. I've heard from a few people over the years that they always tested negative when using those over the counter DIY kits when they were in fact pregnant. I'm not sure why this is.

Old 04-23-2006, 05:57 PM   #6
(female)

Jenmak HB User

Brandy, do u have an update?

Last edited by Jenmak; 04-23-2006 at 05:57 PM.

Closed Thread