It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2006, 09:23 AM   #1
(female)

scooby coo HB User
Please Help Periods So Heavy

PLEASE HELP PERIODS SO HEAVY Hi , six weeks ago I had a D&C to help with heavy periods and a ployp ,the sergon said that the lining of my womb was very thick so now that that was gone my periods should be much lighter ,my first period was 2 weeks after my D&C and it wasn,t any lighter ,the next one which Im having now is the heaviest I have ever had I am changing a night time pad every hour ,and I seem to get moments where it pours out of me it and I could wring out the pad ,I can,t see my doc till tomorow ,and if Im honest this is really scaring me I m planing to stay awake all night as when I get a "moment" it feels like its never going to stop ,if you have experienced any think like this please let me know if this is even semi normal thanks x julie x

Last edited by scooby coo; 04-09-2006 at 10:17 AM.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunnydaze1 HB User
Re: periods much heavier after D&C

Hi Julie,

I experienced the same thing for about two of my periods after my second D&C last July. I was ready to schedule a hysterectomy it was so bad. But, the doctor said to give it another month or so and then decide; he didn't want me to rush into anything. Turns out the third period seemed not as bad and although I can't say they aren't heavy, because the second to third day it is somewhat, it's not to the point where I'm afraid to leave the house like I was before.

I was to have an ablation with the D&C but my uterus is too big. I've also found if I take ibuprophen for a day or so before I start bleeding, it seems to help with the flow.

You might look into having an ablation and see if you're a candidate. Only thing is that it's recommended you're done having children so I don't know how young you are, but it might be something you can consider. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread